DAYS: Casting Spumor

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I find it hard to believe, only because they said Corday was considering it, not Tomlin.

Anybody who thinks Corday's consideration of anything is at all relevant to what they're seeing on their screens is truly naive.

• Members

Are you saying he's probably taking a more leisurely approach to how he handles this show, after being accused of years of mismanagement?

Or he's off playing golf as usual, and he's given Tomlin full authority to do whatever he wants?

I must say, with the influx of Passions actors on this show, I'm wondering if NBC mandated many of these changes and backs Tomlin to the point where Corday, though he owns the show, has little creative influence on what goes on.

This current incarnation of DAYS might not be everyone's cup of tea, but the show finally has some semblance of stability and consistency again, after years of ruckus and wear and tear.

• Members

That's one way of putting it.

From what I hear, it's pretty much Tomlin's ship.

Did they even replace the NBC Daytime VP after they let go of Anne Marie? I didn't think that position even existed anymore (much like when MADD stepped down)

Oh, I totally agree. I still can't watch it, but it's definitely the most stable it's ever been, and it shows on-camera. I think they learned their lesson from 2008. My guess is that somebody got a "Shape up, because we're not putting up with this bad PR crap for another year" talking-to.;

• Members

My theory is that Corday finally got someone he can trust again.

Back when he first became EP the show prospered, was cohesive, and was a top show under him.

AT some point he felt like he needed to take more of a hands approach and I think it was because he couldn't fully trust what was happening plus NBC was putting their hands all over stuff too and forcing things on him like they were doing with Another World.

We definitely know that Ed Scott was forced on him, and I dont' think he could trust Hogan. I ahve even heard that Goutman couldn't trust Hogan from various sources and that was part of the problem that lead to Hogan being demoted.

I think of Days back like it was when Ken first jumped up and the way that Betty Corday ran it for years. She was pretty much an authoritative business figure and always kept a strong writer and strong EP in charge of the daily business.

I think Ken once again feels like the show is safe in the hands of Tomlin and even Higley/Whitesell so he has taken a less hands on approach again.

JMO

Guest dc cubs

I was a big Jack and Jennifer fan. However, I'm pretty sure that Missy Reeves is very happy living in TN with her family. I'd be very surprised if she moved back to CA to go back to Days long term. I could see a short term stint but that is all.

• Members

So, let me guess: if they bring Jack and Jennifer back, Jack will be played by Timothy Adams and Jennifer will be played by Tracy Melchior. Right?

And Joyce Guy returns to make a cameo, crossover appearance as Mrs. Moreau.

Archived