Y&R Episode Discussion for the week of July 20

• Members

I thought that tptb justified the rape as them showing how similar EJ and Sami were. Sami raped Austin and EJ raped her. They were meant to be together!!!

I thought about that scene too. I could imagine the critics saying that Maria loves history and she uses it so well.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Word, one of the few stories being done right and while I still think some things could ave been done better, I am liking it as well. And DG and CK are doing a wonderful job.

As for Deacon, he's just a sign of what's going on. Why did they even bring him that to this and they're forgetting that not everybody watches B&B. So who cares about their history? Deacon going thru all this trouble just to have one night with Amber is ridiculous and makes no sense.

• Members

Exactly. All you have to do is check the episode counts to see who is really being shoved down our throats.

They need to have some explanation for Lane. It couldn't be that some viewers actually appreciate romance or have watched Lily since she was 14 and

are invested in her journey or see Cane as a romantic hero despite his newly contrived flaws. Now that Y&R has fallen off it's pedestal Lane is one of the few bright spots. Every couple has their niche. I can't stand Chilly but I understand the appeal of their humor and snark.

I guess we can blame the holier than thou nonfanbase for the debacle that is the return of the real Chancellor heirs. Priceless.

• Members

Obviously you haven't seen my posts regarding Shick/Phick. LOL! That's my most hated story and that one has been going on for 4 damn years, all on the front-burner.

I'm ready for some new characters given the front burner treatment, not Shick, Phick, or Lane. They've had too many stories thrown at them over the past two years. I need some new innovative storylines, that's all. I wasn't bashing their fans, all I said surely the fans of these couples want some resting time for them and to not see obstacles thrown at them every 5 minutes, some alone, happy time, that's all.

Again, I've complained about all of these characters and Lily and Cane do fit into this group as well.

There's a whole group over characters that haven't had storylines in like 3 years....

Where did I say they're always having it good? All I said all of their stories and the obstacles thrown their way serve the same purpose - to pimp their love stories and beat the audience over the head about how they're supposed to be together.

The writing is bad, no one is doubting that.

Also, from what I've observed. For as popular as they are, they're also hated as much.

It's a soap thing, but balance should also be a soap thing. I do not need the same characters being victimized repeatedly every 5 minutes, when a lot of other characters are completely ignored. Lane, as well as the other overexposed characters on this show have had too many obstacles thrown at them at under a year. It's boring, I need something new and I need other characters given attention to as well.

• Members

Not counting this month, of course:

This was Lane's episode count up to last month:

13. Daniel Goddard (Cane Ashby) 56

14. Christel Khalil (Lily Ashby) 55

Jeanne Cooper lead with 80, but Lane is hardly neglected. The list of top 15 characters are the same ones that have been given frontburner story after frontbutner story, while so many are neglected. 55 and 56 episodes when the person in the lead has 80 episodes is a lot of airtime. Lane is as shoved down out throats as the inane quad and as Katherine has been.

We also need explanations for why the balance on this show is so off and why it's always the same 15 people on the frontburner, while other haven't had anything in like 3 years.

• Members

The amount of time Lane is given is just right. Not too much, not too little. Billy is far more over-exposed and shoved down out throats that Cane or Lily. Besides, though I believe Lane's popularity is over-rated by TPTB, they are far more popular than BAC, for example. Lane is pretty much the only thing on the show right now that's not completely horrible.

Of course Amber will be pregnant. Oh, the drama! In real life, she should be heading to a doctor the next morning to take the morning after pill. Of course, Amber's too dumb to do that because she is a wommin and we wommins are real dumb like that.

• Members

Oh, I'm not doubting that. As I said after Amber was RAPED by Deacon on Friday, I can now see why Lily's cancer storyline is the only glimmer of hope for some on this show, though it too has its flaws. It's the only story exploring some family dynamics and it's the only story with some human emotional basis that isn't completely vile or plagued by some one-note sleaze or psycho villain.

:lol::lol::lol:

This RAPE is inexcusable, and this writing regime should be ashamed of themselves for telling this crap, and I do believe they should all be fired for this crap and more.

• Members

Haha--send me a pm once yours comes, although it will be a long time coming unfortunately.

The Deacon rape of Amber was revolting. Does MAB have any idea that her main audience is women and some of them are impressionable young ones????? Shame on MAB again!!!!! I will never get over that a woman no less is letting this through.

And, within days of introducing this new character, he's ruined by this hack team already? Way to go once again Y&R!!!

So let's see we have a pregnant woman being tortured, a baby killer, a burning fetus in a fireplace, a young innocent child intentionally being harmed and now a disgusting rape. How much farther can this show sink?

• Members

Absolutely. Here's a thought how about actually showing Lauren and Michael once in awhile. I'm not picky. I'll wait for a story. Let's start with actually seeing Lauren on screen and maybe seeing Michael for more than a few minutes once or twice a week to play super lawyer or straight man to others.

I don't mind this latest Lane story actually. I think the actors are doing well and the story is actually making me feel something. But it is not the Lane love that is moving me, it is the thought that a young woman of 22 has cancer and how it effects those around her and her own mortality. So many can relate to this story sadly. It has heart, but I think if you put any couple in this situation and it would have heart.

My main problem with Lane is that they were rebounding from failed marriages and supposedly fell deeply in love instantly about a year and a half ago, were together a few months, then were broken apart for 8 months, and now in just six months we have gone from Lily dating/sleeping with Billy and Cane feeling closer to Chloe to a superfast reconcilaiation, engagement, and marriage that culminated in a May wedding.

Now two months later they have broken up because of Cane's lies, Lily is fighting cancer and their love is being tested. What is the big rush? If they slowed down maybe I could feel this deep love instead of just being told it exists. And why can't this young woman actually be focusing on her career instead of worrying about pumping out a dozen kids for her husband who is pushing 40. They should have played the age/generation gap more with this couple instead of making them some "idealized" version of love.

But at least they are better that the QUAD who have all become jokes in this never ending game of relationship ping pong.

• Members

And I rest my case, I never said they were neglected. I even mentioned them being on the B list. I stated that you're acting like Lane is the one at the top and being shoved down your throats 24/27 when that is not true. Why aren't you calling out the other top 12 characters, you don't like them fine but there is a huge difference between 80 and 56. Not to mention, that is just an ep count, not the amt of minutes each character was on as well. If you're talking about airtime and episodes, then you ought to be an equal opportunity basher. But like I've said, Ive lurked here and it has nothing to do with that but a bashing of a particular fanbase who aren't well represented on this board. The fact is to tell a frontburner sl, you need to be on at least 3 days a week imo otherwise what's the point? So that's why Lane is onscreen.

Exactly, I'm not saying there aren't many in worse position then Lane. But to say they're overexposed is a stretch. Until recently, their storylines has them in a bubble with only the Winters. Billy for example is in every storyline known to man, he's in Lily's, BAC, Chloe/Chance and now I betcha the business sl. This is how soaps work, they have the A, B, and C cast and ocassionally they rotate. I have no problems with ptb spreading the wealth between contract players, some are recurring. But if you're going to pick on certain characters as being airtime hogs when they're in the middle of the pack and leave out the main culprits, well it makes you wonder.

Archived