ATWT---July Thread II

• Members

Here's my problem with Lynn Herring (and I gave her a day...), it's clear she's a lightweight. She may have a following, she's obviously capable. But she's got a little girl voice, with little girl giggles and little girl bangs. I don't NEED another lightweight in a Henry story. If anything, the comedic touches get in the way of the story. Tell an honest, dramatic story for Henry...JUST ONCE. Other than her remarkable resemblance to Kathy Hays, I see nothing to recommend about LH.

UGH..and speaking of PC rejects...Craig is driving me nuts. Camping out at Carly's...where the hell IS Johnny by the way? God, I wish Jack would just deck him and get it over with.

Loved the tension between Rosanna and Janet today. I've been itching for Ro to get catty with the dreadful current Mrs. Snyder, and it's obvious by the wrinkling of her nose that Rosanna had no use for Janet today.

Poor Sage...too bad she couldn't read Carly's letter out loud, so we'd know Carly isn't some kind of detoxing menace to her children.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL...it reminded me of the day Ro wrinkled up her nose at Meg during the Quad from Hell story, Kelly. :) Finally...someone nails Janet on her pissyness over Carly. FINALLY. *aaahhh sweet sweet justice*

• Members

Just a relaxed episode for me today. I think I am on the fence about Henry's mother. I have to agree that all the comedic aspects surrounding Henry's stories doesn't allow me to take him seriously half the time. I will be curious to see exactly what the point of having her around is. There's already so many people on the canvas that are fighting for airtime.

Sage still gets on my nerves. Everytime I see her I think what would have happened if I was in her shoes...probably would have got the taste slapped out my mouth. But whatever. Although I am in the minority of those who actually love Janet, today I was so ready for Rosanna to turn back into snarky Rosanna. Janet better stop talking that mess...Rosanna is like the non-abrasive version of her sister, she is *not* having it!

It kind of bugs me that Ro and Craig just...automatically trust Terry with the kids. I would find it awfully suspicious if some girl who was my waitress *in another city* wandered into town (of less than like 500 seemingly) talking about she lost her job and decided to track me down from my business card (when a phone call would have sufficed...really). Maybe it's a Scorpio thing, but I didn't find that very believable. I kept thinking "dang they gonna let her go all in Carly's kitchen and COOK something...?"

• Members

Paul & Emily were pretty hot, but gah...I'm started to get annoyed by Paul. He acts like he's got his head in the clouds. As much as I hate Meg, he is "a damn fool" for thinking all would be okay by just giving Meg child support.

I don't understand Meg at all. Who the hell does she really want? She's like a lightswitch. As much as I hate, hate, hate that Damian & Meg are hooking up, Damian is hot. Too bad he's wasting all his hotness on Meg, though. I thought Lucinda's comment about "showing some cleaveage and he's out the door" was hilarious.

Brad & Katie bore me to death. Henry overreacted to seeing his mom. I think it's irritating that he calls Katie about every single little thing about his life...and makes a bigger deal out of things than necessary. I actually have a friend that's kinda like that, and it's like, "You call me for this?!" Lynn Herring's alright. I think she's way more toned down than Trent Dawson. And P.J., you're right...she does look a bit like Kathryn Hayes!

I like the banter between Craig & Ro! I also think it's dumb that they just accepted Teri into their lives without any question. Everything surrounding Teri is just so unbelievable...from her running into Sage at the station, to them being friends (after..what? two days?), to her expecting Craig to help her find a job, for Craig to basically just hand her a job, etc, etc. Don't get me wrong. I like Teri. But this story is so plot-driven.

Sage annoys me. I don't care if she's Carly & Jack's daughter...she acts like a spoiled brat. I think Janet has her best interest at heart contrary to what everyone else might think (although I was thinking more along the lines of what Ro was thinking when Janet told her not to give the letter to Sage).

• Members

Janet's had RonaldMcDonald hair for three months now. To me, it says Julie Pinson is bored and decided to stick her head in a vat of kool-aid one day.

Why do people complain about Craig in a suit? He's ALWAYS been in suits, from the first day Hunt Block took the role. The same way Paul is never in a suit unless he's getting married. The same way Dusty is in some Godfather-wannabe black suit with dark shirts. I mean, it's not like Lindstrom is hiding some guns under that Italian silk. Frankly, I'm thankful we haven't gotten any skin time with him sleeping with Carly---I think I might have gagged.

What I can't believe re:Teri is that Ro's just letting Craig walk all over her in the process. Even if Ro thinks Jack's 'tude is uncalled for---not that I think it is---he's got every right to set the rules for HIS kids. I'm not sure how "Ro looking after the kids for Carly" translated into "the kids live with Rosanna 24/7." I mean, I understand Parker---he's not welcome at the farm (well, except now that Janet's decided to accomodate her husband with Libby out of town). But Sage has always moved freely between the farm and Milltown.

It's just Pissy's way of keeping Craig occupied with Carly's kids, while Jack sits on the backburner as Pissy's GoldenBoy eats up more airtime. Which SUCKS.

• Members

Mary mother of jesus. Please gouge my eyes.

JP!!! I hope you didn't do that to yourself... and whoever decided that was a smart decision should lose their job. Please, please please let it be a wig!

• Members

^^^^hey, at least in that pic, Janet's wearing blue. The rest of her wardrobe seems to consist of reds/hot red-pink-purpley-ish hues that clash with that hair.

SERIOUSLY...can't Craig go manipulate some business situation?? Watching him focus all his energy in screwing over Jack and making Rosanna his accomplice and look like an idiot is beyond tiresome. "Feelings" and "domestic situations" are not Lindstrom's strong suit. If he has any, period.

The Adam/Riley story just got icky...it's not that I don't understand Tom's pov. Margo has been all over "Riley", and then today she acts like a druggie who's having their stash threatened. But then "Riley" went and got all chummy with Ali...and the last thing I want to see is another Alison triangle. Is there some law mandating that Ali must screw her way through each new Hughes man (even if Adam's technically not a blood Hughes, it's close enough.) ICK.

• Members

Can't speak for anyone else, but it was just something that I observed and found alittle weird. Craig may have always worn suits, and perhaps Dusty as well, but that doesn't mean it makes any sense. What I look like walking around the city in my work clothes...on the weekend? I guess that budget is tight...can't be having all of these wardrobe changes...I understand how that goes sometimes.

Archived