ATWT---July Thread II

• Members

I don't know what the freak is wrong with the other ATWT thread....now as soon as I open it, I get a windows message that the thread can't be found, and it kicks me off the site.

I think Geneva Swift and her right wing pals have plotted against me. :)

ANYHOOO...I was going to post that while I was being a PITA comparing Geneva Swift and Bosom Buddies...you gotta admit, Teri Colombino is a dead ringer for a young Peter Scolari.

ONE hour to go....TODAY should be a bitchin' show!!!!

Two days of Maura left..... :(

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can appreciate the humor in the Larry/Hunter/Stewart women plot. I even knew that knee to Larry's groin was coming, and it was still funny. It makes the Geneva Swift crap look like a bad Jack Black movie.

I don't know why Susan would need proof Ali/Larry/Hunter were related. They're the absolute palest trio of people in town. Not to mention Hunter's managed to copy his father's old hair style without even a picture to guide him.

Carly continues to break my heart. Do you know how horrid cooking wine is??

OTOH, I totally frakin' HATED Craig and Janet today---two of the most self-centered a-holes in town.

And another kick in the teeth from TIIC---copying the Montana cabin Carly fled to and gave birth to Sage in. I don't know why Craig didnt' recognize it himself---he, Jack, Parker and Mike slept on that damn porch. Of course, that was like three Craig's ago....*rolleyes*

• Members

I thought the show was ok until I passed out too...LOL. I missed the last 20 min of so will have to catch on CBS.com. Was today Maura's last day? I liked the whole Carly/Jack/Ro stuff. I also enjoyed the Larry/Susan etc scenes.

Thanks for the starting the new thread PJ. I was about to start a new too. I dont know why we cant post on the old one. I get bumped out of the old one.

• Members

Nope...because of the preemption, tomorrow is Maura's last day.

I know I shouldn't---but I kind of laugh at Craig's stupidity. No matter how many times Carly's lied to him, no matter how many times Jack and Ro tell him not to let Carly talk him out of getting her professional help---he falls for it every time. I guess it's karma and penance for trying to kill Paul so many times.

• Members

Damn, ATWT is quickly sucking me back...I'm actually starting to pay attention to the other storylines! :o

The Stewart family affair was a good laugh. Loved Susan's reaction to finding out that Hunter is Em & Larry's kid. I could also see that kick in the groin coming a mile away. They did a pretty darn good job of casting Hunter...he does kinda look like the dude who plays Larry.

Am I the only one who feels bad for Janet. I can see where her frustration is coming from. Jack had no right giving her the third degree when she came over to tell him the news that Craig had taken Carly away in person. She didn't have to do that, but she felt it was the right thing to do and got flack for it. Also, Craig is an a--hole and is totally blinded by his love for Carly. I can understand wanting to be your loved one's saviour, but it's about time he finally see the light.

So...I'm noticing a pattern with Carly that's very similar to Meg. Carly screws up time and time again and don't even deny it...she is using Craig...yet everyone still loves her. Why is that? The only difference I see between the two characters is that Carly has a job and Maura West is just better at convincing viewers to sympathesize with her character than Marie Wilson. <_<

• Members

Nah...you're not the only one who sympathizes with Janet, they exist. (jk!) I guess a HUGE part of my intolerance for her is based on the fact I've seen this story before, with Carly/Jack/Katie, and Katie had a much better case than Janet has, IMO. Jack is nowhere as involved in "Carly's problems" now as compared to then. One of my biggest problems with this entire story is how uninvolved and borderline ignorant of Carly's problems as he's been...and yet, it seems like the moment he mutters Carly's name, Janet is jumping down his throat about it.

I mean, FCOL, Carly could have died. Even if you didn't know the person, wouldn't you help in any way you could, if given a chance? Whether or not Janet likes it, Carly has a significant place in Jack's life. I really haven't seen him put Carly ahead of Janet---and yet, Janet is constantly bitching that their lives revolve around her. WTH?

And yeah, I noticed the Carly/Meg similarities a while ago...that's another reason all of Craig's baloney grates on my nerves. Meg just used him up one side and down the other and yet he's either alright with Carly not "loving" him or playing her savior hoping one day a switch will just "flip" for her? It didn't work with Meg. Why would he think it would work with Carly, who he knows wouldn't "settle" for anything if she were sober?

I think there's an ocean of difference between Carly and Meg's motivations. Meg set out to deceive him, plain and simple. And I think a lot of the Meg venom you see online stems from RH fans. If Carly crosses Paul...then the sh*t will hit the fan...

• Members

Powerful eppy today. I really could have done without the Riley/Casey/Ali/Hunter subplot. Gosh, if there was any day that our IIC could have gotten away with being all one-story centered, it was today. The actual intervention part felt rushed to me. But then again, I'm a Carly-junkie. I could watch Maura all day. I was blown away by Carly and Jack's confrontation. And the end, when Jack watches her go---WOW. :wub:

• Members

Yeah, but that's a huge difference if you think about it. I actually like Meg and I used to like Peg, so I'm not a hater. But the quality of actress in a role makes all the difference. Some people are just way better at selling a crappy story and Maura is one of those people.

I really don't think Marie is bad, but the Paul/Meg story has been so bad and repetitive, she just isn't able to rise above it. Hell, even RH, who I consider a very good actor (and much better than Marie)has not been able to sell Paul to me on a day to day basis for a very long time. He can rise to the occasion, but the day to day just hasn't been working. I'm not sure if the material is just that bad or if Roger got bored somewhere along the way. I still find him very easy on the eyes though, so I don't mind seeing him onscreen. I just need Paul to never keep a child from it's mother again, especially not with our hero Dusty in pursuit. :rolleyes:

• Members

I guess Craig loves Carly the way he didn't love Meg.

Oh, man...now, *this* I would love to see! :lol:

Julia, I can see what you're saying. Few actors can make the same, old tired storylines mildly interesting. I actually liked Meg back when they were first putting Meg & Paul in scenes together. I saw part of the Meg/Craig affair but haven't really been keeping up with what Meg has been up to since I started watching ATWT again just a month ago. All I know is that I don't care to see all these guys fawning after the character...although I do enjoy her scenes with Paul when they're being civil towards each other.

I saw today's show up until just past the second half and then I got a phone call. Casey's reaction to Ali & Hunter being sister & bro was pretty funny. I'm not digging Marnie Schulenberg as Ali, though. I would have loved to see Jessica Dunphy in the Stewart storyline right now...I can only imagine the scenes would have been wackier. This Ali just doesn't seem to have any sense of humour.

Oh, man...I think I know why I hate CarJack so much now. Jack is an all-knowing prick. When Craig was telling him how Carly had him from him like a little child and Jack said, "That's what alcoholics do," I just had to roll my eyes. He may be right, but does he have to be obnoxious about it?

• Members

I liked the beginning of Paul and Meg because Meg wasn't particularly good at that point. I liked her and Paul as partners in crime. I liked the scenes where it was Meg/Paul against Henry/Emily. I wish they had played that quad longer. Then Meg turned into a typical Snyder (a self righteous, judgmental harpy and that goes for Jack and Holden too). The strange thing about Meg is she isn't really good like Jack so she doesn't have the credibility to back up that self righteous attitude the way he does. She just thinks she does.

Meg and Craig were terrible, imo. I watched them for months and yet have very little memory of their marriage. I think I'd rather see Paul and Ro back together for awhile. I have no idea what they should do with Meg, but I hope it's something new and unexpected.

• Members

Well, Carly's not pregnant and lying to him about the father either. I don't think there's a bit of difference in how Craig felt about either woman. He went on and on about how Meg "made him a better man" too. Craig's claws would have come out in a flash if Carly double-crossed him, drunk or not.

If there's anyone in Oakdale who deserves obnoxious attitude, it's Craig. Sorry, chica...the man lectured Jack for months about how "normal" Parker's teen rebellion was. How Jack should back off about Carly's drinking. If Craig dishes it out, he oughta be able to handle it occasionally.

I have a lot of trouble buying Craig's complete naivety when it comes to Carly lying about her drinking.

• Members

Note to TIIC: trying to "rough" Noah up by letting him go "scruffy" doesn't make up for the fact he can barely act.

WTH??? Now this is a "senior" project film? Does that mean that Luke would "be a senior" if he had ever gone to college for more than a week at a time? And what is this talk about Luke just "going" back to school?? He got his ASS THROWN OUT. Casey couldn't even take an extension African Drumming course for no credit without the dean's permission, and he's had to prove that he's changed before the dean makes a decision on whether or not he can come back. If LUKE can just get GrannyLucy to smooth things over, that's BS.

Meg and her Harem??? UGH.

Emma/Babs??? ACES. Although I wish someone would go out of their way to assure Babs she wouldn't be cut out of Eliza's life just because Paul was.

Archived