ATWT---July Thread II

• Members

Hell must have frozen over because I didn't mind Meg today. When Paul and her aren't screaming at each other, they're bearable. It was great seeing Paul pushing her away, although I think it's just lame that he has this defeatist attitude where he doesn't even try to remember who he is and the people in his life simply because he can't remember. I think anybody else who suddenly got amnesia would be desperate to find out something about their identities.

Barbara looked absolutely devastated when Paul told her that, like Meg, there's no reason for her to stick around.

I like Mason so far...moreso than Luke & Noah. I thought that "breakup" scene (if you can even call that 5-second stint a breakup) was super rushed and unrealistic. But I thought Mason's nonchalant reaction was pretty funny.

Holden & Dusty talking? Hell has really frozen over! I love Bonnie asking Dusty why the damsel can't rescue the white knight for once. That said, I hate Dusty and would prefer to see Bonnie with someone like Paul.

If we're supposed to root for Meg & Damian, why do they continuously put Meg in scenes with Paul and Damian in scenes with Lily? The latter, especially, is an affair waiting to happen. Lily looked absolutely stunning today in that black dress.

Today was an okay day overall, but I'd rather see these characters over the Geneva quad.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What a show! Bob, Kim, Lisa, Tom, Margo, Casey, Adam, Larry & Susan in one show with no Geneva Swift & Co and Meg & her stooge story? Gawd I am in heaven.

Is Bob and Kim getting a storyline?? Or am I dreaming the whole show??

This is the type of shows I love!!

• Members

Well, at least I could be interested in the stories today. It was nice seeing our handful of vets. I think Hunter is a bit odd, but I do get a kick of how direct he can be, like when Ali was trying to gloss over Emily's egg fiasco and he just blurted out "it was stolen. By Larry McDermott." And Lisa's incredulous "Susan had another baby she never knew about" and Margo's starchy "no, they were not married!" were funny.

Another summer, and it looks like another "Bob's got a medical condition on the horizon" story is on the way.

However, I'm not sure Ali's entitled to her "Casey's so mean to me" crap. Wasn't she just seconds away from nailing a guy she barely knew when Casey interrupted them?

Not understanding why Emily needs more eggs to have a baby. No one's said she's out of eggs, just that her tubal ligation means she can't get pregnant naturally.

Margo's a big ol' hypocrite for keeping "Riley's" secret.

• Members

This past month has been the first time I'm watching ATWT regularly for the first time in two years. Weird consider for the most part it remains bland, uninteresting with the mediocre material, but I still find it passable/watchable. My standards must be gone.

Quick question, where is JJ Snyder? He doesn't seem to live at Carly's anymore because we never see him.

• Members

JJ was shipped off to private school last December, oddly, right before Jack's marriage to Janet (or maybe not so oddly, I would have skipped it too...) I know there's been some talk of Daniel Manche having done a movie since.

Kelly...it's nice to see someone happy. :)

I wish Ro would have taken her size five and sent a spike through Craig's johnson. What an annoying, chauvinistic, piece of work he is. He treated Carly the same way, btw...she could just never call him on it.

• Members

I am so friggin' sick of Luke's passive-aggressive BS. Poor Noah can't wipe his butt without Luke's input/written in triplicate permission, and when Noah calls Luke out on his jumping without thinking, it's all Noah's fault for being too preoccupied with his SENIOR PROJECT.

Otherwise, I'm happy for Kelly, I'm sure she loved the Paul/Em stuff. Me OTOH, thinks that Em's got two socially inept children (Paul and Hunter) to deal with now. Poor Paul's going to get his face slapped (or worse) with his inappropriate asides.

The previews did however, give me a small bit of hope---Jack gets to make an appearance. *sigh* I'm sure he'll be playing second fiddle in his kids' lives...but hey--at least it's a reminder he's their father--not Craig.

• Members

I only caught the last two acts of today, but I actually enjoyed Paul & Emily. I forgot that she shot him! LOL.

I can understand where Holden & Lucinda are coming from, but Luke hit the nail when he said that Damian has been the only person who has asked him what he wants to do with his life.

Why do TPTB insist on making Damian wallpaper? Please do not tell me that he is going to sleep with Meg! :wacko: I just kept thinking after watching the previews where Lily asks why she would care who Damian sleeps with..."Uhh..because that's your sister-in-law!"

• Members

digs post off the second page...

This show is such a friggin' mess. I mean, I knew that a while ago...but today's arbitrary jumps just prove it to me. Meg goes from mourning some sliver of hope of a reconciliation (after six months of being fed up with Paul and his attempts to worm back into her life) to jumping Damian. Paul arbitrarily decides (without even asking what she's talking about) not to have surgery. (And really, like there's just some miracle "memory restoring" surgery anyway...) Paul and Em jump each other, and I get an icky "second virginity" reference. Lily arbitrarily looks sick at the thought of her ex-husband going off to talk with her SIL. Ugh...I so don't want another Lily triangle. Then Kim who after reading Henry the riot act (with a "kiddo" speech, which is muy, muy seriouso in Kim-speak) again out-of-the-blue proves herself a ratings-ho and offers Henry a hosting gig.

I hate to judge an actor on one corny line, but Lynn Herring didn't impress me in her twenty-second debut.

OMG KELLY....if you're reading this, there's a hilarious picture of Em, Paul and BABS at the pgp blogspot.

• Members

PJ, I saw that pic! LOVES IT! Babs and Em are two of my faves, and Paul's expression is freakin' hilarious.

I thoroughly enjoyed my trashy Paul and Em today lol. And I also loved Emily owning Meg. That was a thing of beauty.

I loved this exchange.

Paul: I think I love you.

Emily: Don't ruin the moment.

LMAO!

Archived