What are your first clear memories of your soaps?

• Members

Clear memories? Wow! It all happened at once for me. I was in nursery school from 1982-1984 so I was plenty active and engaged in other things during the day. Then came 1984 and our first VCR and BLAM! My mother went from watching AMC at work during lunch to taping it and watching it when she came home so, there's no real distinctive memory of it first catching my attention. I will say, however, a prominent memory is when my mother forgot to check the VCR and recorded over Charlie Brown tape. So it literally goes from Lucy walking up the steps and opening the door and cutting to Erica storming into Mike Roy's apartment screaming "How dare you interfere in MY LIFE?!" I kept it for posterity sake.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's brilliant. I knew somebody who accidentally taped over part of Little Women for a WWF match and they ended up with Marmee worrying about Jo seguing into Randy Savage in a headlock.

• Members

I can take that a step further, as I have a tape where my mom accidentally taped over one of my Golden Girls episodes. Blanche storms out of a sperm bank saying something like "I wonder how you'd feel knowing you were gonna have a test-tube for a son-in-law!" then cuts into Y&R with Phyllis literally prancing around her apartment in a pink thong plotting against Christine...??? I was so mad at the time!

• Members

Days:

Steve "Patch" Johnson, aka Thug #1, breaking into Kayla's apartment. When she came home, he hid in the closet and watched her with his one good eye. From the expression on his face, you could see that he was starting to fall for her.

Oh, and Shane's daughter, Eve, showed up and starts making trouble for Shane and Kimberly. And I start wondering how two dark-haired, dark-eyed parents could possibly have given birth to a blue-eyed redhead like Eve.

Frankie & Jennifer. So cute!

Santa Barbara:

Gina Capwell pretending to be dead and attending her own funeral wearing a veil.

Eden and a pregnant Tori get involved in a car crash. Tori's unborn baby is luckily unhurt but Eden discovers that she was pregnant and that she just miscarried. Another cruel milestone on the tortured path of Cruz & Eden's fate-strewn love.

Those amazing opening credits and bumpers. Goosebumps!

Y&R:

Nikki tossing her hair about something. Terry Lester's Jack lurking in the background, smirking. Eric Braeden's mustache quivers; Victor mumbles something angry-sounding at Nikki. The camera pans on Nikki's face and... slow fade-out to That Theme Song.

B&B:

Caroline gets date-raped and takes her rapist to court. Meanwhile, Ridge, in a bid to forget her, comes onto Brooke. They kiss and as they pull away, a long string of saliva stretches fron Ronn Moss's mouth to KKL's.

• Members

Y&R: Matt Clark's death

PASSIONS: The second summer. Ivy in a purplish pantsuit talking about how Sam was Ethan's father. Sheridan getting shot and buried alive.

DAYS: Marlo's body found in the ice during Bo and Hope's wedding.

• Members

DAYS: I distinctly remember Carly's jeep had flipped over because her brakes weren't working, Billie saved her and I think the jeep blew up. I can't be too sure if this is real or a made up memory. I must have been 4 years old.

• Members

B&B: Stephanie collapsing due to Sheila's mercury poisoning. She's rushed into hospital, and Sheila is lurking nearby. Everyone's wondering why Stephanie collapsed; Sheila continues to poison Stephanie. Dylan being evasive with Jessica.

Sunset: Annie trapped in the coffin, about to be cremated alive!

Days: Masquerading as Hope, Princess Gina pulls a gun on Shawn, at her wedding to Bo. She forces Shawn onto the ledge. Marlena witnesses him falling, so Gina holds the gun on her...

Y&R: Victor learns that Abby is his daughter.

• Members

Y&R:Crazy Veronica, the location shoot in the snow, pitchfork/barn storyline lol I'm still not familiar with all the characters involved in the story, just Nikki, Victor, and Veronica. After that there is Jack Smith's tenure, the location shoots, and the Joshua Cason story with Nikki. The scene I remember mostly from it is of Nikki sitting by the Newman pool and it's night and the memories of her childhood coming abck to her. MTS nailed that scene.

GL: The blackout, Frank and Eleni stuck together.

DAYS: Buried alive, possession, etc.

AW: Probably not my oldest memory, but Victoria Wyndham playing Justine wielding a knife will forever be in my memory next to Frankie's death. VW was spine tingling in the role of Justine. Wasn't there a secret room involved too?

• Members

-Dorothy Lyman's Opal hurling plates at Ray Gardner

-Langley fantasizing about strangling Phoebe

-Erica and Silver, and later Erica in her mousey Silver-like get-up (glasses, hair in a bun) when she was on the lam

-Crazy Stuart busting a vase over Ellen's head

• Members

GH: Scotty Baldwin at about age 10 getting ready to play a game of chess with his bipolar mother Meg. Just as he had finished setting up the board, Meg went into one of her famous rampaging meltdowns. The board was flung, her eyes bulged, she shrieked and screamed. Then, in a blink of an eye, she calmy sat down, smoothed her dress and asked 'Well, aren't we going to play?"

Guest dc cubs

The first episode I saw of Days was when Bo jumped off his motorcycle and ran into the church to stop Hope from marrying Larry Welch. I was hooked and have been watching ever since.

Archived