Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of July 6

• Members

We're supposed to accept sh!tty retcons when the pacing is so egregiously off, remember?

If they're setting up some sh!tty baby-switch, they're going to get hell from me.

Hmm, I need to not go through with boycotting this show after August. This show clearly needs more outspoken fans to call it on its sh!t. I don't care if my hated for the show in its current state is preventing others from liking it, because we shouldn't have to accept this inane storytelling, and as Mark pointed, out, tons of fans are growing more and more unhappy with this show's creative direction.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't believe Maria and Company are still trying to make this Silver Chipmunk thing happen. LOL! If this doesn't speak volumes about how much this show has lost touch with its audience, I don't know what does. If episodes are written 3-4 months in advance, they should have already known what an utter disaster the Silver Chipmunk stuff was and how poorly received it was from the beginning.

• Members

I wonder after this art storyline, is Deacon going to be intergraded into the cast or just be with the scoobies. Can he fit anywhere else besides with Amber? To me he sticks out. Is he on contract or is just until the storyline ends?

Why did the show ask Sean to deny that he was coming to soaps.com when Nelson Branco already blabbed?

I think the reason Kitty is a hit and not the Silver Chipmunk is because Kitty isn't driving story like the Silver Chipmunk did. Kitty is just a sidekick.

Does anyone else realize that Sharon's who's the daddy storyline is a little like Amanda's on All My Children. They both had 3 possible baby daddies.

• Members

I don't want Jana to die. The show has already had enough pointless death over the past few years. If Jana has to go then I'd rather she just get a job elsewhere. I think, if they knew what to do with her, she'd be a huge asset to the show. I'm not comparing her to Celeste on DAYS because that would be bizarre but I think Jana could fill that type of role, the eccentric who always has a sense of the dangers unfolding around her.

I don't think Deacon will be integrated into the cast because Y&R doesn't do cast integration. I would rather see him back on B&B (even at his worst, he is a pussycat compared to Rick), but I like Sean Kanan and I hope he can turn himself around. I don't dislike anyone in the story, aside from Kevin, somewhat, but it's just hard to care about what they're doing.

• Members

Read the potpourri thread for a spoiler that further extends my belief these hacks need to be fired from show show.

I'll see, but one letter won't make a difference. This writing regime is clearly set in its ways, which is upsetting and their view of this show is totally off-putting to me.

• Members

The chipmunk chatter has got to stop. The fact that the animal has even been brought up again is a big ole black mark against an already marked up show.

Will someone please, pu-lease, give Jack Abbott his balls back. No way would he let mousy little Sharon stomp all over his heart like this. I don't generally talk back to the TV screen so imagine my surprise when I did nothing BUT talk to the damn thing today.

• Members

Well, now having seen the whole thing:

- It was nice to finally see Victoria, and I didn't have a negative reaction to her in this setting. Nikki and Victor seemed genuinely fond of her, and her reaction to Adam's outing (a kind of co-conspiratorial delight at the gossip) was fun.

- I was not a fan of the Silver Chipmunk, and I am truly appalled that it continues

- The art story is admittedly weak. But it gets weaker when they turn on that cell phone. The Feds would be over there the SECOND it was turned on, tracking it via GPS. Then, stupid Daniel goes to that office. At least he wears latex gloves. But Amber touches everything. I like my Amber, but not when she is written stoooooooooooopid like this.

- We'll see how it goes with Deacon. I enjoyed him on B&B, but this whole caper is not resonating with me at all

- Clever use of camera angles from Adam's perspective...to establish that Muhney was "at" the scene of the miscarriage

- The ultrasound is a nifty dilemma, and I'm wondering how they'll solve it!

- It is delightful that the previews FINALLY show the "coalition of evil" that many of us have been expecting between Mary Jane and Adam. I'm guessing Mary Jane helps Adam somehow get Sharon's ultrasound and use a CD of it or something for Ashley

- I don't understand why Mary Jane would have gone to the ranch, though. I understand that she's nut, so her choices aren't always rational. But...

- LMAO that she carries "Kitty" in a cat carrier!!

• Members

I felt like watching Y&R and giving my thoughts, blow by blow - so I'm, DVR-blogging:

MM is really doing a good job as Adam. He's a full character now. He can go toe-to-toe with PB, nuff said. Love his comic intonations and guile.

AH, on the other hand - "I never, I never thought he, was gay (puts hand on mouth, waits then) Gasp!" She's horrible! Can you just imagine how great HT would be at learning her half-bro was kissing a guy! She'd be hillariously snarky and her reaction would have been priceless!

Despite the weak set-up, I'm getting into the art s/l. I like Deacon, and he's a good foe for the Scooby-quad. He's dangerous and vile, yet he does have a heart - somewhere. And Daniel looks like he's getting a brother. The guy who plays him looks cool. Wonder if he'll somehow be Phyllis's child, or Brian Hamilton's.

Patty vs. Victor - damn, that was good! Victor: You're crazy! Patty: Well, I got a little off track. HA! I love it when Patty gets to be in full combat mode. I think she's established her gooey center of vulnerability and heart - it's time for her to go into full cackling, vicious, villainess mode!

Victor/Nikki - I just love seeing these two together in civil mode. It's so strangely comforting.

Heather/Nikki: I wish they had more than a surface relationship. Heather, being Paul's daughter, there should be something between these two, that's not just professional.

I'm gonna say it -STACY HAIDUK is better than Kimberlin Brown. Sorry KB, you were my first, but now I've moved on to a new psycho. If MAB's intention was to create a new villain of Sheila proportions, mission accomplished.

I still wish Jana and Kevin never got married. It just makes Kevin and Jana too stable. And oh no - more chipmunk!? Chipmunk talk should go the way of reliquary talk.

If there's anything I miss about old soap styles, vs. new soap styles, is that Y&R doesn't really tease us anymore. Stretch things out to the point of - PLEASE REVEAL THIS! They did it with Kay/Marge sort of, but they should do it more. Near-misses, almost find outs, stuff like that.

I knew Patty was going to hide out at the ranch! Poor Patty is gonna be sleeping with horse sh!t...

Tomorrow looks SO GOOD!!!!! Pstty and Adam!!!

ETA: I so missed Kitty in a cat-carrier!!!! OMG!

• Members

Wow! We must have been almost watching at the same time! We're cosmic cousins!

The art s/l has stuff i'm willing to overlook cause I'm ready for the story to go somewhere.

MJ going to the ranch is interesting, cause I think she's going to attack Victor on his home turf. Victor's now her main obstacle cause if he's out of the picture she's free to do as she wishes in GC.

• Members

Maybe you'll finally get your baby-switch story, which would piss me and some others off, because it makes no sense since the timelines clearly don't add up, regardless of this dumb retcon (another one!) they're forcing on us. I'm tired of the constant victimization of women on this show. This is very off-putting and f-ucked up storytelling, especially when women are the target audience for these shows.

Also, I'm afraid it would further write Adam and Patty Jane into a corner that would be hard to remove them from. And as you know, soaps don't waste time and attention of complicated and longterm redemption arcs anymore. I no longer care for either of these core characters. They're being ruined IMO, and they had so much potential to go in hundreds of other directions story-wise.

Archived