Michael Jackson's Memorial

Soapsuds

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I read Liz Taylor isn't at the memorial service. I dunno if it's true, but I read she doesn't like the spectacle the media is making of this.

I can understand that given what a private person Michael was. I wonder how he'd feel about all this.

• Members

I understand what you mean Angela....It makes the ABC soap spoilers messy being a day behind. ;)

And hmmm....I was wondering why CBS picked up TPIR seemingly in the middle of the show. Guess they just picked up it up where it ended earlier today.

• Members

That was an even tackier funeral than the "triple funeral" during the Salem Stalker story on Days a few years ago. Jennifer Hudson's number seemed to be slightly classy, until the hardbodied white backup dancers trotted in and began wilding out. The only people I felt for were Brooke Shields, the kids, and Janet, who hopefully will get custody, as I wouldn't trust anyone else in that family with a houseplant, let alone children or large sums of money. Fortunately, the boys at least did not seem terribly scathed by the death of their dubious parent - "Prince" didn't even stop chewing gum after they dragged him and his fellow orphans onstage for mawkish Joe and Jermaine-sponsored musical numbers. I hope they take care of each other, and stay far away from people like MJ or the people who contributed to making him what he became.

Also, can "Blanket" please get a real name?

• Members

Yes..I also wanted to hear Janet. Too bad she didnt get a chance.

Btw...we didn't get GL here or GH. So I would add that to the list of shows not seen. We only got Y&R and B&B at different time slots.

The service was nicely done and very moving.

• Members

I think Elizabeth Taylor not showing up has more to do with her other comment of not being sure if she should be coherent. Michael loved his fans and I think would be perfectly fine with a public memorial celebrating his life.

Paris Jackson broke my heart.

• Members

Unlike her umteen weddings, I guess. I still get a kick out of Elizabeth Taylor tweeting.

I thought it was a nice ceremony. Paris seems like a very, very loving kid and that moment at the end :( Yeah. Jennifer Hudson's song followed by Michael's voice-over another good moment. The "We are the World," "Heal the World" moments were great too. I expected Al Sharpton to make me want to punch something, but he wasn't really offensive. Gordy, Robinson, Johnson, Shields, etc. all very sweet memorials.

Archived