Y&R CBS SID (July 20 Issue) Casting news!

• Members

Is Dru Coming Back?

Nothing definitive but with Lily in personal crisis it might be the time for Dru to return. VR says that she is open to returning for a limited run and that MAB knows it. They are both businesswomen and VR is sure that when the time is right MAB will get in touch with her. She cannot comment on whether there have been any feelers yet.

Ins & Outs

Deacon is coming to the show "very soon" but no confirmation of a date. They want it to be surprise like it was with Thom Bierdz's return.

Aiden, the bartender Jill picked up after Kay's wedding, is heading back for more episodes. They tease whether he'll be back with Jill or get the attention of some other woman. The actor jokes about how he's been hit on by older women ever since his appearance on Y&R.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In regards to the Rowell rumor, I actually think that this is really just VR continuing to beat the drums--as she has been. "If they come to me with the right terms, I'm open to it". The only momentum for VR's return (beyond the fans) is VR herself. MAB has specifically said she is "looking forward" with regard to the Winters. It speaks volumes that Shemar's return now seems more likely than Rowell's.

I miss VR every day, and I never want Dru recast. But we have to let go. It is a behind-the-scenes issue that cannot be repaired at this point.

• Members

I think this is just the magazine trying to shift copies because they know Rowell is popular with fans. I don't think they have any intention of bringing her back now only because it would change the focus to Dru and her return which would be such a huge story itself. It's not like she's simply out of town divorced from Neil.

Archived