Y&R: Mary Jane Benson

• Members

Actually, having Diane and Kyle back in town would make more sense than throwing yet another character in the Sharon/Phyllis orbit. Imagine how angry it would make her to have Diane steal Jack from her and create the perfect little family with Kyle. You know it's what Jack wants and it would drive her NUTS. Plus it would tie into her backstory.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right, the Patty replacement was in the span of one episode.

One morning, Andrea Evans woke up in Jack's bed, and the voiceover said "The role of Patty is now being played by Andrea Evans". Period. So the story was seamless...kind of like they're going to do with Adam now. Evans stepped in just as Patty began to go psycho.

• Members

Yeah I figured it out right when Paul had his first interaction

"Don't I know you from somewhere"

I was a big Patty fan so I thought it could be her

it would make sense. Not happy that she is a loony tunes

but Y/R has a lot of characters undone right now, Sharon/Kevin/Adam/Ashely/now MaryJane/

Phyllis went bananas..

its too many all at the same time...

• Members

Awesome.

I don't buy that Sharon was ever crazy. She's always been a slut, just this time around she was more in heat.

Thank God Stacey Haduik is playing Patty and not Andrea Evans. After her stint on OLTL I was majorly disappointed.

Whoever suggested bringing back Diane, GREAT idea. But it has to be Alex Donnelly. And given this new "Patty Williams" I can see her putting Ms. Jenkins in her place!

Anybody curious to know how Beth Ehlers would have played this? She made a mistake going to AMC IMO.

• Members

Did you see my casting suggestion for her? Betsy Palmer. Tell me this woman isn't the spitting image of the actress who played Mary (who I hear is retired).

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

• Members

I would rather no Mary than a recast Mary. I don't want Y&R to be like those other soaps filled with recasts. But yeah, I bet Beth Ehlers is kicking herself for turning down this role for AMC. It's not even like AMC is giving her bad storylines, she simply is never on. Her jumping to that soap was a HUGE mistake and a career killer. Now all that momentum she had is gone.

Archived