Y&R/B&B: Kay Alden Interview

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoyed it. She comes across as having a very affable personality and I enjoy her zeal for the genre. I think writers who love to write are awesome.

At first, I thought you said the interview was very "sluttery." LMAO!

Anyway, for the Bill Bell and Agnes Nixon interviews,check here.

• Members

I was hoping that she'd make her way to AMC, but that obviously never materialized. I'm very conflicted about her. The part of me that knows she was trained by the master storyteller himself, Bill Bell, would like to see what she could've done with the show. The part of me that has seen her work on B&B and that has heard rumors that her AMC bible was absolutely awful is glad she never made it to Pine Valley.

• Members

That's what I'm sayin' and would also like to know. Considering the fact that B&E's AMC made me turn it off for the first time EVER for close to a year, I can't imagine how dreadful Alden's bible could've been. Dreadful? Worse than 'the writer's' Legacy of Rape, The Great Baby Switch, Tad the Torturer or the Satin Slayer? Worse than B&E's interpretation of Crash, Zach 'n Greens in a Hole, Ryan Goes Back to 2004, Jesse Hubbard and the Search of the Stuffed Toy Elephant?

• Members

Wow. Nice. :)

I am so not going to listen to this awful interview and lose 2 hours of my life. She can keep talking about the same cr*p for as long as she wants and enchant people with her fairy tales and "affable" persona, but she sure proved herself on Y&R and B&B — probably one of the most overestimated writers on Earth. Ever. Made both shows total suckage.

• Members

Well, as I think you know, I didn't think the first part of her Y&R HW run was total suckage...but the ratings kind of disagree with me.

But there must be SOME explanation for the carnage currently going on at B&B. I can't and don't blame Alden...she's one of a team...but I can give her no credit for saving things, either.

There are glimmers. Heather Tom and Don Diamont have something...and Lesli Kay would spark with anyone they give her. I think at this point it's a strange stubbornness of fear of innovation that captures this show.

You know, Roger Newcomb complains every week about the constant Y&R covers at SOD. But I believe the reason SOD does this is out of fear...if they don't run such a cover, they'll lose circulation. So it is with B&B. Someone is TERRIFIED of mixing things up over there. But it is past due.

• Members

OMG! Seriously! What in the world is so wrong with this woman's writing in your opinion (are there enough W's in this sentence, or what?)? The only way I can describe how I view your responses to Kay Alden is as someone mentioning her name -- simply mentioning her name -- and you go into a full force projectile vomit from the pit of your stomach! Then, daintily wipe the corners of your mouth, :) , and go on your merry way... leaving me standing there like :huh: because I've never seen enough of this woman's writing to understand this reaction. Also, you know how it was on the AMC side of things back in 2007. People just knew she was influencing the show in a positive way based on absolutely NO information whatsoever. Even though I didn't believe it then and don't now, I'm just a little lamb who's stuck in the middle.

Enlighten me! :)

[small voice]Janice Ferri Esser[/small voice] :P

Archived