Y&R: Week of May 18, 2009

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But why would Phyllis be willing to settle? Lauren nailed it weeks ago in one of her few appearances (sorry couldn't resist). She told Phyllis she needed to take Sharon out of the equation. That the problems in her marriage were between her and Nick. Therefore if Nick needs to be constantly shown that Sharon is a tramp and keeps sniffing around her, why would Phyllis still want Nick? He cheats on her and instead of making him pay, she rewards him with more and more sex. Phyllis is pitiful at this point and the only way she can save herself is to dump Nick. It seems to be more about beating Sharon than having anything substantial left to her marriage, which is a joke at this point. Unless Sharon is dead, she will always be in Nick's life.

Then Nick can go crawling to Sharon and she should reject him also because of how he has been using her. Nick needs to be alone awhile. Phyllis can move on and eventually Nick and Sharon can move back to each other, but now for awhile.

• Members

Well IA, Nick does love Sharon as well as Phyllis, but its the context of that love that is very different, it will get more fleshed out in the next arc.

I dont know what the hell they are doing to Phyllis.

Just because Nick seems oblivious to Sharon and her faults, doent translate into unconditional love for me, more dysfunctional as the reason seems to be about guilt.

• Members

So,after the huge cliff hanger that had everyone intrigued,we tune in on Monday and there is zilch...no reference to it at all...this is not good.

What's the point of that scene unless there is goung to be some sort of follow up?Show that scene again at the start,then say have Nina flashing back to Phillip to clue newer viewers in-something.

Instead we have people shuffling around a dance floor and having awkwardly staged conversations.Couldn't they have sprung for a few extras?

With every episode,Clem is more worrying.All her lines are delivered in a monotone.If there is something behind this,she needs to have a conversation with Katherine and talk about what's troubling her.

The scene where Billy mouthed off at Kevin did him no favours.I'm thinking how Terry Lester could have delivered those lines.Billy should be the next Jack Abbott,but the writing is letting him down.I wonder if the lack of rehearsal is affecting the younger actors.

Of course,we had to have the scene where Rubbish Style is mentioned.This issue is just as hot as all the others-huge sales etc This is the one they did the cover shoot for LAST WEEK!I'm telling ya,Vanity Fair etc needs to get down to Billings Montana and cover all the happenings there and their sales would go through the roof.

Ridiculous Style must die!!

Aunt Virginia arriving out of nowhere is another example of sloppy storytelling.It should have been foreshadowed with Devon and Roxanne at Crimson Lights and him hinting at a big surprise.But that would mean paying attention to all the stories.

Tyra hardly had a line-there is no follow up here-what is the status of her and Neil?

If all the stories were dealt with,the show would be in far better shape.

• Members

LOL, so Nick is a total jerk, and treats both women pitiful and IMO they are both acting pathetic, but Phyllis should move on, and Nick and Sharon should, After some time apart, get back together, so he can do what he did to her all over again, whic pakes in comparison to what he is doing to Phyllis......uh......ok!!!

• Members

Hey I don't like Phyllis and Nick or Sharon and Nick, but I think the end game is Nick and Sharon, but years down the road. I think Nick should be alone and both women should wake up, gain some respect and dump him.

I just think Nick stifles Phyllis. And the actors may have physiacl chemistry, but that's it. He does not challenge her as a actress and I want to see Phyllis and Michelle Stafford matched up with someone who can match her toe to toe in the acting department. Sharon and Nick cheated on each other all through their marriage and still stay married. I just don't see Phyllis as the type to put up with Nick's cheating no matter how good he is in the sack. And at least when Sharon and Nick cheated there were some consequences. With Nick and Phyllis, he kisses Sharon and Phyllis rewards him with sex, he cheats the first time and she rewards him with sex, and the second time he not only got more sex but also sheets (subtle Phyllis). Why is her marriage worth saving if her husband has this little respect for her and their marriage? Phyllis has just taught Nick that he can cheat all he wants with little consequence.

• Members

They did that a couple of months ago. I complained about what a great cliffhanger Friday was only to have a bad Monday. I was bashed for it...LOL. Today's show wasn't bad but I was looking forward to seeing more of Friday's cliffhanger. I don't understand the great Friday cliffhangers and then the s h i t t y Monday shows. Had it not been for the Ashley/Adam story todays show would have sucked.

• Members

I agree with alot of this, but not all. A Social SL that is just PART of the story works well, the 70's were the decade for those.... in the 80's, Bill Bell started getting "preachy" with it. but in the 70's, with Kay and the drunk driving, ESPECIALLY the Bill Foster Euthanasia SL, and Jennifer Brooks with the breast cancer.... those were RIVETING but not a PSA. I'd be interested in romance if we had a GAY ONE (Could you imagine a bedroom scene between Thom Bierdz and Yani Gellman? My mouth waters at the concept!) I and everyone's brother does agree the cast is too large. I think Diamont being let go was a good move (The weakest of all the contract players) I aso think MAB missed a BIG opporotunity to get rid of Chapman, Glo should have went to JAIL. That's one thing I REALLY disagreed with her on. I think Bill would have sent her to jail. He really knew how to write a HUGE payoff. When you have a slow moving show like Y&R, the payoff needs to be EXPLOSIVE.

• Members

I think we need to be prepared for torture with regards to this Cane/Phillip(?) mystery. Torture as in, long and drawn-out, and probably not getting nearly enough airtime to really make any sense or get anywhere. Instead, they'll give us more, and more, and MORE of Phyllis/Nick/Sharon (GOD I'm so sick of all 3 of them!!!!) with Nick carrying on like the perpetual pig that he is. He's just infuriating! Someone needs to rough him up a bit and I always thought Phyllis was NOT the kind of woman who'd stand for a man treating her this way. Her husband has nailed his ex twice and she still manages to kiss him and roll around with him on a desk. Pathetic!

• Members

I said the same thing above. Monday is the biggest ep ratings wise, so they really should have rewarded what they started Friday. Even if, as you say, it was a simple repeat of Friday's scene.

Again, similar to what I said above. I agree totally. I'm starting to wonder if she was raped in Darfur and hasn't told anybody.

What an intriguing idea. But then it means the vets are not doing their mentoring job with these newbies in the dressing rooms.

I have NO complaints about a silent Tyra. Send her away.

• Members

I leave to take a nap, and when I return, we're still talking Phickron?! Ay de mi.... If only those three were truly worthy of this much attention!

Archived