The Good Wife: Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure anyone around here is still watching, but considering this is the series swan song, I can't say how disappointing this show has been. I'll say again, killing off Will instead of instilling new life and direction in the show actually lead to minimizing more of the supporting characters than ever and this truly has become an Alicia-centric show at the expense of other characters I have enjoyed. Diane and Cary have been the biggest victims IMO along with Kalinda, but that's another story.

I'm glad we got to see more of Cary this week and I liked this episode more than some of the others, but I guess this means Cary is gone and we won't see any more of him in the coming weeks.(not that it matters since he's been an attractive accessory and that's all this season.

And Diane? Why do I feel that something is going to happen and Alicia is going to end up as the lead partner in the firm. What a waste of another fabulous character. She's been minimized even more than Cary.

On the positive side, I do like that Peter seems to be going down and I like the fact that it seems to be Eli who's turning on him, especially since Peter did him dirty bringing in someone else(Margo Martindale's character) to super-cede him, after everything Eli has done for him(yes even the underhanded stuff Eli did).

I like the addition of Jeffrey Morgan's character. He's very much the anti Peter and anti Will and I like that Alicia is not too attached and hung up on him and is just enjoying the moment.

Overall I am glad the show is ending. I have stuck with it but the last 2 season's have been major disappointment. And I do think many of the negative changes are due to Juliana Marguiles having more influence as a producer. I still enjoy her as Alicia but the overall show IMO has suffered. But then again perhaps the show has just run it's course.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

It was a decent finale overall, but I didn't really know how to interpret that ending.

So Alicia is finally able to wash Peter out of her system for good, but both her personal relationship (with Jason), and her professional relationship/friendship (with Diane) are also over? I guess the point is Alicia's finally able to stand on her own without a man or a career to fall back on?

I did like the use of Will and the acknowledgement of the importance he played in Alicia's life and her transformation. I was glad she acknowledged that even though she likes Jason, Will is the one that got away and is the love of her life. I almost teared up when she told Will's ghost (or whatever you want to call it), "I'll love you forever!" I could have done without Will pushing Jason though and telling Alicia to run to him. 

Selfishly I still miss Kalinda and would have liked acknowledgement of her, but I knew that was never going to happen for obvious reasons...

• Members

I thought it came full circle. Loved the Will scenes, I was afraid when I heard they were using him in the finale, but using him as her sounding board worked. 

Diane was pissed (and rightly so), but since she wanted an all woman partnered firm, I think eventually she would let that go for the sake of her partnership.

I was secretly hoping that David Lee's niece would join the firm as his dig to the "female firm", with him forcing her on Diane and Alicia as his proxy.

So wanted to see Jason/Alicia at the end, but just glad she finally let Peter go.

Wish there was just a little more Eli, and was happy to see Cary moved on to lecturing/being away from that environment.

• Members

I enjoyed the finale. This season has been up and down, and I really didn't care about

so it worked for me. I'm going to miss this show terribly, even if it was time to end it. It's really been the only show I have religiously followed and watched weekly at it's appointed time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived