Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Watching today's ep I have a few questions:

Does Jill not have a credit card? I would think she'd have an Amex Black card. And ALLher money is in the Cayman's? The IRS would find that highly suspicious to begin with.

Who is stupider? Adam, Victor or Ashley? He keeps the tape of the baby crying next to his bed? Botox under the bed? I always thought going blind would be one of the worst things ever, but the way weasel Adam gets around he makes it look like a piece of cake. And Victor can't tell Adam's lying? Really???

Heather still loves Adam. Why? Have they shown us why she loves him? This may sound shallow, but who would waste their time on a felon with no money, propsects or even a way to help themselves. Adam's hot but not that hot.

Was it me or was AH sleep-walking through the whole episode?

Hurry up May 15.....

• Members

I really, really enjoyed the "Cayman Comedy Caper". I loathe Jeff Bardwell, but seeing him in the midst of all that karmic trouble is fun. Sure, the comedy is broad, but it is a nice change of pace from some of the other tales.

I do wonder how Gloria will rebuild herself. We know she will...but how? And will she be in any way reformed by this humbling?

I have said I like/tolerate "fortress around my heart" for Mac...but why can't I STAND it for Victoria? (Who is playing something similar with her parents' relationships). I miss sneering, angry Victoria...loud, shrill, forceful.

I will also admit that Adam's turn to villainy is entertaining...but I still don't like it. I don't like how he is using/ruining all these people. And mostly, I don't like HOW pathetic it makes Heather. (That said, given her past, I totally understand how she is falling into this pattern. She fundamentally does not understand what a good man looks like).

Abby just annoys me. Just drives me BATTY. "...spoiling me rotten". Ugh. This character is NOT worthy of her "clan" or her predecessor.

Jack buying Savaneur out from Victor??? Now that is tiresome sh!t. I keep looking for some unique beat in the Victor-Jack feud. Or better yet, some common enemy for them. Needless to say, I really liked their brief (if fake) rapprochement during the epilepsy tale.

• Members

Maybe this will be the CLB "multiple years off" approach? I'm actually worried this villainization is a bit too close to what happened to some ATWT characters....

Yes. After Abby, Tyra, and probably Eden though.

THE REAL VICTORIA IS ACROSS THE HALL.

• Members

God knows I've tried, but I just can't accept what they're (not) doing to this show. Very little real effort is show to fix things and give stories momentum. In the end, it'll come ti bite them. BTW, why are you waiting for July to open that thread? I admit that right now it would be kind of too much since we've discussed it a whole lot in this weekly thread.

Archived