Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Members

Estella/Rafe being innocent bystanders doesn't work for me because of Adam/Rafe past friendship. To throw both of them under the bus makes no sense.

If Adam is to be redeemed, his "friend" Rafe might be the only one who is willing to help him get there. But if said friend is under the bus already, well then I just don't know.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, that was the best line in a decade!

I think this is why I am appalled at what Adam has become. I would at least like to see his internal war between his Hope- and Victor-sides.

All I can say, for me, is that Monday's show (Jill vs. Kay with the governor) was rip-snortingly good (in dialogue, energy, scenes). I do not accept that there was not a "proper scriptwriter". I found Monday's show the most enjoyable thing I watched (daytime, primetime) all day.

I don't know. I hear you. But I think it is amazing that Y&R has maintained this recognizable signature baddie, and he continues to drive story the way he does. The current tales of Nicholas, Nikki, Jill, Gloria-Jeff, Adam, Ashley...all of them revolve around Victor (are in reaction to Victor). That is an amazing catalyst. As a writer, I would never want to give it up.

I do agree about the Winters. I also loved crime/mystery at the start of LML...but I was quickly disappointed. But I very much liked the "mystery" buildup of some current stories. Who is gaslighting Ashley? Who is Mary Jane? Who is that man buying paintings from Adam? That is the way to make a story intriguing. The questions bring you back. I do not see "mystery", in and of itself, to be a bad thing.

That would be a way to bring Rowell back. As Sharon's "spine". As her talk to (it doesn't have to be like John Abbott...it could be a face/voice she encounters when she looks in the mirror). That way Rowell wouldn't have to interact with the rest of the cast, but we'd still see a bit of Dru.

I deeply regret that her family...and Sharon...seldom mention her at this point (even though I realize the writers wish to diminish her impact).

Yes, a lot of people have noted this about Sharon's klepto. Why THESE incidents? I can only say these incidents can be sporadic...but, yes, that is a hole you could drive a Hummer through, I admit.

• Members

Good point about the alcohol! Yes, it is interesting to speculate if there are other men we have not seen yet.

I see him playing a very soft, gentle farmboy...that's his manner and his self-presentation. I do not feel this evil comes naturally to him...I feel it was forced on him by his unwelcome greeting in Genoa City.

Sigh. Yes, at this point, they have to be careful not to overdose on death.

Yes, Adam has gone very dark. I feel Rafe/Estella are truly innocent victims. That will make it harder to forgive Adam, for me.

But here's the thing this whole thread ignores: Y&R is ENJOYABLE right now.

• Members

Don't get me wrong I completly agree. I have a love hate relationship with Victor Newman. He is not my favorite character but I have always thought that as a writer I would love writing for him. From my daytime experience I find him to be the most complicated character. Witht hat said it's not about changing Victor, it's about how much is allowed to revolve around the character. That Nikki scene, not necessary, that Rafe scene ehhh. The Neil (leaving Newman) Victor scenes left for me something to be desired. It was good but I was waiting for more (I don't know if that is good or bad I guess). I just feel too many times other characters are hindered to maintian or build up VN. I guess I have to live with it as that almost equates to what Y&r is

• Members

I definitely agree that the show has many problems and that we shouldn't settle for mediocrity.

But when all other soaps are so damn bad, why can't we try to enjoy this in a way?

And why is daytime so depressing? Who the big baddie that continues letting Jean Passanante, Dena Higley, Charles Pratt Jr., Robert Guza Jr. and Bradley Bell continue ruining soaps? If it's a disgusting soap, who the heck lets those hacks come back to their jobs every day? Shouldn't a mistake be removed?

But back to Y&R.... I won't get into any discussions these days, I'm quite depressed and I'm sure it would spread over my Y&R watching...

• Members

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This thread is SO much more entertaining than it was this morning.

"No! You're wrong! It sucks!"

"No! You're wrong! It's enjoyable!"

"No! It blows! MAB is hack!"

"No! She's not! I like it!"

"You're wrong!"

"No, you're wrong!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived