Another World

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought Cass-Nicole was a horrible pairing. Especially compared to the way Cass and Kathleen had lit up the screen, Cass and Nicole were just really boring. Since every other woman who's ever been paired with Stephen Schnetzer had chemistry with him, I blame Anne Howard.

I remember being very excited when Sharon Gabet came to AW. She was a force of nature as Raven on EON, but the writers completely let her down as Brittany Peterson. It was a complete bust.

I didn't remember AW had toyed with Mitch-Alice!

• Members

Barbara Baxley was an Actors Studio actor. I believe she originated Natalya in that infamously disastrous production of The Three Sisters (directed by Lee Strasberg) before being replaced with Shelley Winters.

• Members

The user on YouTube who's been posting The Love/McKinnon storyline uploaded the infamous scene where Reginald shows Donna a mysterious picture sending her off the deep end. She also clutches three pillows before being carted off to the loony bin.

I really wish they had gone with Scott being her third baby.

I'll admit. I'm enjoying re-watching this stuff and appreciating it more and more. Better than anything else on the air today for sure. One observation is the amazing background music in some of the scenes. (Not the 80's pop stuff at Mary's Place though.)

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_kjZAJP8KXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by thelma

• Members

watching these old clips reminds me how much i miss this show still.

Donna, Felicia, Cass, Kathleen....

I remember all the talk about Scott being a 'triplet' and think that storyline would have been so much better whether it were Philece Sampler as Donna or not. But at that time the whole Love family was badly miscast: Donna, Nicole, Vicky.

Scott being a 'triplet' could have brought so many more layers to Mary's return, but after her daughters realized she was still alive the story completely fizzled. Scott as a Love and raised by a McKinnon could have been interesting.

Edited by Melroser

• Members

I always miss the AW characters. I never feel like the show is gone. The characters are just so alive. I think AW had the most human, three-dimensional characters of any soap.

I guess I should go read the AW soap that is still going on. How is it now? The last I heard was when they were trying to kill off Donna.

I was just watching a DVD and when Louise wouldn't tell Iris what she wanted to hear, after Louise went to get Rachel, Iris went outside and started oh-so-politely started cutting up Louise's plants! It was just such delicious material.

Speaking of delicious, I was reading Beverlee's reaction when she won a fan magazine award in 1979. "I learned everything I know from Laurie Heineman." :lol:

• Members

Both of these just made me laugh out loud for real. I've read much about Louise and she's always struck me as such as an odd character with all her plant naming.

Would love to see some of Heineman's work sometime to see how she was and compared to another Emmy winner, Holbrook. I've heard Heineman's win was a fluke but there are a number of Oscar winners not well known outside of their win.

One early 70s character I'm interested in is Bernice Robinson. The actress looks elegant what was her story and what happened to the actress?

• Members

According to the AWHP,Vera Allen was out after the first month. It was mentioned later in June that she was out of town and unable to attend Alice's graduation because her niece Jane was having a baby and she'd left town to be with her.

This shot of Ann Wedgeworth (Lahoma) is from 68

anotherworldTV_Roundup_Chicago_November_1968ffat328.jpg

Edited by Paul Raven