Another World

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

AW's start in 1964 seems very chaotic to me. Both the original Liz and Jim only lasted the first episode. Why did they drop both Granny and the original Russ so fast?

PS has anyone ever seen the original 1964 opening? I know there's an audio recording on the AWHP and was one on the old WOST site but I don't believe I've seen video of it other than a picture of it.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

I completely forgot they hooked alice up with Mitch. At this point the character Alice was a very different person since she was the 4th actress at this point to play the role.

quote name='Paul Raven' timestamp='1310274130' post='987155']

A rare shot of Vana Tribbey as Alice.From everything I've read,she was good in the role and was inexplicably replaced by Linda Borgeson,who was universally disliked.

Another_World_Victoria_Wyndham_William_Espy.JPG

The show hinted at Mitch/Alice,which would have been an interesting twist on the Rachel/Alice rivalry.L Virginia Browne did a good job of retooling the show after Tom King and the the 90 min fiasco,but it went down the drain with the Corinne Jacker reign.

Susan Trustman,the original Pat.

1965_Chicago_Tribune_Tv_Week7777878.JPGanotherworld03m.jpgThis cast shot would be around 74/75

• Members

There is nothing wrong with Pfenning's acting but come on, she is far from Alice. Think of the character Courtney created and Susan Harney inherited. Pfenning is just not fit for the role

quote name='CarlD2' timestamp='1310301882' post='987189']

This is great stuff. Is there a larger version of the cast photo?

I saw a bit of Pfenning in an episode where Sally was in trouble at her boarding school, and she didn't seem that awful to me.

I love that ad with Michael and PSDonna. It's very hot - hotter than the story ever was.

It's kind of funny that they show a white hand with that vase when a black man died...I guess they thought that would give it away.

The Raven ad is great. They put more thought into this ad than they did the writing for her character! I have an interview with her from around the time she was first on AW. I'll post it.

• Members

Yes, I have seen it... and you can too! For only $19.95... but seriously, there are some classic episodes at the Paley Center where you can see a kinescoped version of the opening. I bet it looked great in color.