Another World

• Members

Harding Lemay had a deep passion for the Frames. He is the one who created this family and he did keep the Matthews family in play. Remember he wanted to bring back Michael Randolph as a gay character. Lemay was a big fan of the Matthews. Paul Rauch want to sensationalize the writing and stories and Lemay was dead against even the story of killing of John Randolph (Matthews family) Lemay was about writing the trials and tribulations of these families. Lets face it, 1988 when he returned, he started to bring the families back into play but it did not last long. too bad

quote name='soapfan770' timestamp='1262586742' post='786406']

Funny you should bring up Lemay and Rauch decimating the Matthews and Frames. I've often heard it argued in the end they destroyed the success they had created.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Can I say the 1975-1981 opening and music sounds like we're watching Masterpiece Theater or something. I think the music fit very well with Lemay's theatrical and realistic outlook on the show. The 1981-1986 opening was nice with the space credits ala ATWT. The music and opening itself is pretty tame though compared to the updates that ATWT, GL, and SFT got.

How did you guys like "You Take Me Away" with the '81-'87 opening? I thought it worked, although a bit strange. Perhaps the only instance in daytime the music changed yet the opening remained the same aside from SFT. When SoapNet began airing the reruns, this was the opening:

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

I always wondered why there was that period from March to October of 1987 when AW had that opening you mentioned. Perhaps it was because it took that many months to perfect the glizty new computerized opening, and AW was unable to postpone Crystal Gayle's appearance on the show past March.

Edited by Max

• Members

Let me add my thanks,as I have never seen that opening.

AW should have stayed with the concentric circles as its trademark.They kept them at the beginning of the 82 revamp but that was it.Also,the 'we do not live...'statement should have been maintained in someway.Perhaps revived in a later opening-maybe flashed on screen between character shots.

I disliked the 82 opening-it was too generic and the sihouettes looked amateurish.I hated the Crystal Gayle opening.Having to listen to that song every day and the crappy images and Another World script was ugly.

The JFP opening was all wrong.It gave the impression of some slick primetime show.i know that was the intention but the show IS a daytime soap.

The later theme tunes were bland.