Another World

• Members

I'd never seen those ads. Is that second one supposed to be Jake and...who?

That looks like they slapped a Philece Sampler circa 1981 photo onto Michael. I don't remember her ever looking that way on AW.

I thought Nicole/Cass were dull, although they never really had a major story. I liked them better with the comic stuff. AH's Nicole had so many stories which were never developed (her past relationship with the guy who tried to rape Amanda; her relationship with her father; and most of all, getting together too quickly with the double of a man who had used and abused her).

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think its Paulina.

You're right about Nicole hooking up with Cass after the whole Rex stuff. That was kind of a bizarre story. I remember being thrilled to see Cass finally in the reruns only to be weirded out that Cass was not Cass. It was like a precursor to the John/Roman stuff on Days. Was there any plans to bring back Kathleen in '88? I remember from the reruns once Cass resettled back in his life he started searching to see if Kathleen was truly dead.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

I don't remember reading about any plans, but I don't know. When Cass first returned, SOD said he would be involved with Amanda (paraphrasing). I guess that may have meant the show was considering a story where REX hooked up with Amanda, perhaps for her money. Either way, none of that ever happened.

In mid-88 when they had the story about the haunted house, SOD asked Stephen Schnetzer about whether Cass would be able to let go of Kathleen's memory, Schnetzer said he thought they'd already had Cass move on from Kathleen's memory, and that this must just be a strike story.

• Members

noticed the article was written in jan of 1988. Lemay did not show up again till the fall of 1988. That must of have been during the writers strike? interesting to see if he came on board that early and Swajeski was not writing how early the familes would be back in play at that time. I really thought the Anderson team was horrible

• Members

DePriest was the one who introduced Jason Frame. It was toward the end of her tenure as head writer. Soap Opera Digest reported that Jason was slated to have two teenage daughters but they never materialized on screen.

Anyone know about Linda Elstad's involvement with AW? Soap Opera Digest reported that Elstad was going to be head writer in early 1984 but that never happened (Elstad was one of the writers in 1984). Elstad previewed in SOD a storyline for Donna Love, who was going to challenge the status quo by joining a men's club.

• Members

I find that Raven ad very interesting... particularly because it sounds like the biggest letdown ever. It's like an ad pimping Susan Lucci and her Erica and how she's now joining General Hospital as a kindly retiree who volunteers for the seniors program. And at first, I was a little surprised by all of the Raven mentions but then I remembered the P&G connection.

Not to mention the old-school sensibility that Sharon Gabet isn't mentioned by name.

Edited by SFK

• Members

A rare shot of Vana Tribbey as Alice.From everything I've read,she was good in the role and was inexplicably replaced by Linda Borgeson,who was universally disliked.

Another_World_Victoria_Wyndham_William_Espy.JPG

The show hinted at Mitch/Alice,which would have been an interesting twist on the Rachel/Alice rivalry.L Virginia Browne did a good job of retooling the show after Tom King and the the 90 min fiasco,but it went down the drain with the Corinne Jacker reign.

Susan Trustman,the original Pat.

1965_Chicago_Tribune_Tv_Week7777878.JPGanotherworld03m.jpgThis cast shot would be around 74/75

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

This is great stuff. Is there a larger version of the cast photo?

I saw a bit of Pfenning in an episode where Sally was in trouble at her boarding school, and she didn't seem that awful to me.

I love that ad with Michael and PSDonna. It's very hot - hotter than the story ever was.

It's kind of funny that they show a white hand with that vase when a black man died...I guess they thought that would give it away.

The Raven ad is great. They put more thought into this ad than they did the writing for her character! I have an interview with her from around the time she was first on AW. I'll post it.