Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not only was Jamie's age in suspended animation, but he also seemed to have forgotten any of the lessons he learned from being in a triangle with Blaine and Sandy.  One would think that after his history with Blaine, Jamie would have learned to listen to his mother when some new vixen claims he fathered her baby.  Also, in the creepy-but-never-mentioned file, he dated Vicky's aunt Nicole back in the day. 

• Members

It's ridiculous how the writers forgot Cecile's background -- calling her a social climber and a gold-digger.  Cecile was more of an aristocrat than anyone in Bay City.  She was the daughter of a French count, a French citizen, an heiress, and only moved to the US around 1978.  I wonder if anyone ever told Nancy Frangione about the history of the character she was playing?   Good Lord.   

Cecile was originally the same age as Jamie and Dennis, but when Frangione took over the role, the character aged, even though Jamie did not.  Still, I wouldn't say she was in the same age bracket as Donna.  Just my opinion.  

Edited by Neil Johnson

• Members

Frankly that whole scene being an argument about whether it was worse for Michael to lose his unborn son vs for Reginald to lose his unborn grandson and have that as the climactic issue that finally killed Reginald was gross to me. The harm Reginald did Donna is what should have been the focus, followed by the cascade of damage to Victoria, Marley, Peter, Mary, the McKinnon family, and probably a bunch of other people I can't think of (did he kill both Zane and Sally?). "I could have had a son!" should not trump "You damaged your existing children and grandchildren!"

• Members

What's ironic is that Donna used Cecile to come between Sally and Peter.

Once Jennifer Runyan left..and the following 2 recasts changed the character of Sally...it seemed like Sally's function in the Donna/Peter/Cass orbit fell to Cecile....since Cass and Peter were both interested in Jennifer Runyan's Sally (both characters started around the same time]

• Members

Sally went out with Gil a few times before she got engaged to Peter. I thought the irony of Donna ruining Peter's engagement to sweet reformed Sally only for her to realize she had matched him with pernicious Cecile was a delicious escalation. If Donna had had anything other than class against Sally I think Cecile and Peter would have been just more of the same. 

I didn't feel like Mary Page Keller's Sally was a damsel all the time. She had a sense of humour about a lot of things and she did run her own life (even if marrying David was a bad idea).