Another World

• Members

I really hate that both of the MJ MCKinnons are now dead.

My mother & I both cried over Zane for 3 days!

There's a script where Aggie put the Coffee Shop of Cedars Hospital at AW. That cracks me up.

I adored Felicia with Zane!

Edited by Donna B
Snip

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Blog 242

Ed Fry wrote, “My friend and colleague, Sally Spencer, passed away yesterday. She had been ill with leukemia, treated, home and by all accounts doing well.”

“She and I were "almost TV man and wife", but we were instant and long term friends. I'm heartsick at this news. She is one of those vivid, generous, loving, wise, smiling souls that the world can never have enough of,” he added.

According to Fry, Spencer put all of her “deep empathy and intelligence” to become an educator and was working as a Professor of Special Education at California State University, Northridge (CSUN) prior to her death. She was the one who had helped pioneer SIMPACT, technology developed to provide a highly realistic virtual platform for studying various practical subjects like social work, teaching, nursing, counseling and more.

Her efforts to further the campus’ reputation locally, nationally and internationally made her one of the vital members of the university.  

Fry concluded his statement as: “May the Angels sing to you in seven octaves of welcome, Sally, to that place of beauty and rest you so richly deserve. See you further along, my friend.”

Tributes started pouring in for the deceased star in the comments from the fans.

**The other MJ McKinnon was Kathleen Layman who died Oct. 26, 2014, MJ McKinnon, AW

• Members

The Another World bible is a must read.

There were some deviations as soon as the show aired. Granny Matthews was dropped as was Susan. The whole storyline of Susan and Liz falling for 'Dave Wilson' was dropped as the character of Susan was not working out.However years later it was reworked into Susan and Liz being involved with Fred Douglas.

Pat Matthews was called Cynthia. Tom Baxter was Tom Young.

Russ seemed on his way to being a delinquent, injuring a pedestrian.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Speaking of Connie, as someone was a little while ago, was this famous ad, which I think was for a red lipstick, always rendered in B&W or is there a color version? I was always grateful that Lemay latched onto Connie so quickly. Didn't he call her his first collaborator, whether she knew she was or not? We call the YouTube videos of her "The Lovely Ada" and practically *count* the number of times she uses a tea towel over her shoulder!

• Members

Miss Ford spoke the concluding line in the scene. She delivered it straight to the camera for my benefit in the control room, paused for a split second, and added with grim explicitness, "Whatever the [!@#$%^&*] that means." She grinned at me later as we passed in the corridor, but she had made the point for herself and the rest of the cast. The dialogue I wrote was far less literary after that visit to the studio. -- Harding Lemay, EIGHT YEARS IN ANOTHER WORLD, 1981.

Whoa! Remarkable censor!!

He goes on to describe the game he plays with her where he scores against himself (but not against her) when she "adjusts" her lines to cut verbiage out of what he has written for her. Connie was special to him from the very first day. When Vicky Wyndham came over to take on the part of Rachel, from Robin Strasser, VW & Connie did not immediately hit it off. But, very

soon, they did & were fast friends & righteous colleagues forever after. Connie was special to me, too! I estimate that I am one of many people who had crushes on Connie.

• Members

"Some people don't like killing any character on a soap, but I believe that the death can be as important as the life if it shakes up the town and spins great story for the characters left behind. This was one of those cases." - Jill Lorie Hurst, GL, Otalia, Gus's death

(I knew I'd find these quotes I was looking for! Although I still think "End Days GL" had a high body count: the infant Max, Gus (even though it propelled Otalia story & EW thought long & hard about it after learning that Ricky was leaving, Tammy which was heart-breaking in the extreme, and then Coop, OY VEY) <Pause.> How many *is* that? That's 4 -- and they all 4

stung like the dickens!

• Members

Just heard about this new movie, A Case of Blue.  And who would have a lead role, but Stephen Schnetzer (Cass)!  The showrunner for the film sent along a link to the trailer, as well as movie and FB links.  SS has a beard, and it looks like an interesting flick for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AlG6QTTQdc
https://www.acaseofblue.com
https://www.facebook.com/ACOBfeaturefilm/

She died at the age of 64 of metastatic melanoma; born Sept. 24, 1946- -died Dec. 20, 2010.