Another World

• Members

I know I've talked before about not understanding Mitch as a character but I don't know if I'ever said that I never bought a sexual attraction to him. 

I think that is because they looked hot even when doing ordinary things. '90s AW was pretty well set on gorgeous women & hot dudes! Eye candy was never lacking. 

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Mark Mortimer is the only one who does not look uncomfortable to be dancing. A lot of them don't even seem to bother to dance (or their dancing got left on the cutting room floor). But look, there is also basketball and boxing and soccer!

• Members

It seems like whenever AW attempted to copy trends, or make itself look more "hip!" and "now!," it always wound up embarrassing itself instead.  IOW, AW was just one soap opera that never could keep up successfully with the times.

• Members

If you put lyrics in your song I *will* notice them and they *will* affect my enjoyment of it. I'm delighted for those who enjoy the lyrics or who can ignore them, but please allow me to appreciate entertainment in my own way. As Judge John Hodgman would say, people like what they like.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Sorry but I fail to see how my comment in any way constricts your anything at all about the song. I have also joined in, in discussing the lyrics & then added one more bit of commentary. Because IMO what makes the song so popular is the melody, the swell of the music, the great feeling it imparts, etc. Obvi I ALSO noticed the lyrics & so forth. 

Nope, not doing a thing to interfere with you in any way. We are just discussing things here, folks. 

I am unaware of any problems between us. I tried to PM you to inquire but you don't do PMs. If there is anything we need to talk about, offboard, I am open. 

Edited by Toups

• Members
Posted (edited)

@AbcNbc247 @Vee Thanks for that promo. It's as funny as ever. I'd forgotten how funny. The actors awkwardly trying to give a sexy closeup to the camera, David Andrew Macdonald vibing, Eric Morgan Stuart trying to rock the one-shoulder overall look that never really works, the pick-up basketball game that must have made JFP weep with pride, etc.

I had forgotten Steve Richard Harris was still there. A very pretty man but never a lot else going on in the acting department...but he is still working, so what do I know?

Edited by DRW50

• Members
Posted (edited)

My understanding is that NBC was in complete control of all the promos for it's soaps, and that may be why NBC Daytime's promos often seemed so disconnected from it's soap operas in terms of tone, style, and nearly everything else.  So if that is true, then it is unlikely that P&G, the executive producers, etc. had much influence on this or any other promos.   

Edited by Mona Kane Croft

• Members
Posted (edited)

Haha ok

I remember everybody playing basketball in that all male episode that she produced about Joe's bachelor party 

Please register in order to view this content

Well, in that case, they did seem to get a lot of promos wrong. Except for "It Will Excite You" 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

And even that didn't excite me, lol!

I will say this much for JFP: when P&G or NBC wanted to DAYS-ify AW by including vampires and whatnot, she balked.  In fact, it's almost refreshing how she did her best to avoid that kind of storytelling on all her shows.