OLTL: SOD Spoilers & May Sweeps

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On one hand I agree with this. It really stinks that they killed off Nash and then killed his child too. On the other hand, I enjoy Tess better than Jessica (generally/not always) and in both cases these deaths were plot points to fracture Jessica, so on that level it is worth it. Sounds calloused I know, but I hope you get my meaning. I mean from a story standpoint, that gives Bree some of the best material she ever has and she delivers some very good performances. But I do think it is short sighted.

• Members

I think Bree could have gotten to deliver equally as stellar performances if Jessica had been in Starr's position; made to think that she lost the baby...while it was actually switched. OLTL has gotten *extremely* callous lately about going with the quick shocker to get attention, and ignoring how much longterm damage it'll do to the characters. Jessica losing Nash, the baby (the second baby she's had die on her) and lapsing into another Tess episode all during the span of a year may provide some good here-and-now moments...but it also transforms her into this frustratingly "tragic" character, which will extend past the storyline. It's the same thing with the Todd/Marty thing. Sure, it got people talking at that moment..but it did insurmountable damage to the characters image for the long haul that won't be easy to fix. Sometimes it's just not worth it. The ends don't justify the means.

• Members

I am genuinely suprised by the Talia goodwill here.

The character was just a big nothing. She is an okay actress I guess. Maybe her afilliation with that icky Antonio tainted her in my eyes.

What purpose did she serve? She could have stayed on in a recurring role as a cop, I guess.

• Members

Personally speaking I think it was the fact that she was introduced well, had a job and wasn't a cookie-cutter blond who slept with half the show. Also for a little while she was a minority with a potentially interesting backstory (and I don't mean that noxious Hesser/Mendorra mess.) Talia was a good, solid stand alone character that worked well with the rest of the canvas. She reminds me of Hugh Hughes that way. The training program said I wasn't supposed to care about Hugh but I really liked him. And BAB built up a lot of goodwill on IWBASS. It's probably in her best interest to get out of soaps sooner rather than later anyway.

Plus the larger point is there's no reason to kill Talia off. It serves no real purpose and underscores that there's no use in getting attached to any character anymore.

• Members

Is that it? Wasn't the whole point of the non-ending to his paternity storyline was that he would eventually return and have more story with Bo? I wish they would just stop bringing him back. They have made him into a meaningless joke and over a year of storyline ended in absolutely nothing.

I also don't care about "redeeming" Stacey, or about seeing Todd psychologically torment another woman. I don't find that hot.

• Members

I'm hoping they find a way to do a crossover story where we find David Vickers and Bianca Montgomery are living together somewhere laughing at their loser families in Pennsylvania.

"Darling do you want to go to Llanview this weekend?"

"No my love why don't you pop into Pine Valley?"

*maniacal laughter*

• Members

I'd love that. And then David can reveal that Bianca has renamed baby Gaby baby Davida, and is currently carrying his child through artificial insemination, who will be named Vikrosha. Bianca isn't sure, but she finds out that David has blood ties to the Cambias family (he's their tenth cousin ten times removed), so she agrees. Some peril occurs when, on the way to the hospital, a fly on the windshield gives Bianca a panic attack. Nigel shows up at the hospital to berate David for being a bad father, and on his way, he runs over a visiting Kendall, sending her into a coma. Zach shows his grief by nailing Natalie, Jessica, Dorian, and Tea. John looks on vacantly while Todd starts a rapemance with a recast Hayley, now played by, in a truly groundbreaking piece of casting, Andrew Shue with a blonde wig.

• Members

I'm fine with everything except the bolded part. John and Todd must end up together. Even Ray Charles could see that John is in love with Todd. It's just a matter of time before he throws Todd against the wall and...

Todd: What now McBain? Are you going to beat me up? You need a little police brutality to make this right?

John his hand pressed against Todd firm chest: Shut up Manning! Just shut the hell up!!

Todd: What the problem McBain? You can't finish the job?

John: Oh I can finish this. Don't push me Manning!!

Todd: Then do it already! You know you want to!

Filled with fury and confusion, John pulls Todd into a fiery kiss. After a moment of shock, Todd winds his arms around John's neck. Their tongues do battle as John presses his body against Todd's lean frame. Finally John tears his head away, gasping for air. "Oh God what did I do?"

Todd stares into John's salt water blue eyes and says, "Exactly what I wanted you to do."

"But what about Blair?"

Todd smiles at him and says "Blair who?" as they sink to the floor.

And scene. But other than that I'm cool.

Archived