OLTL: SOD Spoilers & May Sweeps

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm surprised how quickly Jessica has gotten over Nash's death and how quickly she has forgiven Jared and Natalie. All of a sudden it's "Uncle" Jared and "Auntie" Natalie when she's cooing to Chloe. I get that they want to put a rush on her romance with Brody but a huge WTF moment was Jessica visiting Nash's grave while holding Chloe and talking about how much she wanted to be with Brody. The ramifications of Natalie's betrayal could have gone on for years with The Buchanan family being torn and they should not have dropped the animosity between Jessica and Natalie so quickly when she found out she purposely let Tess out. They had a goldmine on their hands and they completely blew it so they can shove Stacy and Rigi down our throats. Blah.

• Members

I'm not surprised by the sudden softness toward Natalie. That change occurred right after Tess was "put to rest" by Bess. Ever since then, Jessica has been unusually patient and unaffected. Her defenses, anger, and apprehensions toward Natalie (which are all vaild, IMO) are supressed into Tess - since she's no longer integrated... I didn't get the "WTF moment" that you did. Sometimes people effectively "seek the blessing" of a lost loved one for them to move on or to validate new feelings; I take that as her way of doing it. What would be bizarre is if she completely FORGOT Nash while thinking about Brody.

Well, apples and oranges on the Gigi / Stacy comparison... because I really don't believe one has to do with the other. But I DO agree that the family has been far too forgiving toward Natalie, which started even before she was locked up by Tess. The truth is that, if not for hers and Jared's actions, Nash WOULD NOT have died. I'd at least like to see the two of them acknowledge that.... That said, I'm not sure if the issue will be completely dropped. Jessica is poised for another breakdown when the truth about Chloe is revealed. I hope that TPTB give Bree Williamson the material we know she is capable of (which we all saw post-Nash's death)... that we'll see her issues with Natalie reignite. I'd even love to see Jess be one to beat the crap out of Stacy (since she was the one that ultimately caused the problems with Brody) - but I probably won't be THAT lucky.

• Members

Your post clearly highlights why I loathe this incarnation of Jessica. She's not interesting. She's weak, whiny, and just plain useless. Without Tess and now Bess she has no identity. And spoiler has it she suffers ANOTHER breakdown and Tess re-emerges when she learns the truth. Jessica is a character I have come to despise since she's so needy. Everyone walks around egg shells around her and instead of Tess re-emerging, this would have been the perfect opportunity to show everyone she's not the pathetic, fragile wimp everyone thinks she is.

• Members

I don't know if I agree with you on "pathetic, fragile" or that "everyone thinks she is." I guess I find her more interesting than you do. But I DO think the Jessica you want to see is the integrated Jessica, and we won't see her until after her breakdown is resolved. The disintegrated Jessica might be least interesting to some, but it's the version that makes sense in this circumstance. And obviously, the baby switch angle wouldn't have been possible without her disintegrating again.

I also agree with the aformentioned idea, that it might have been better if the roles were reversed: that Jessica's baby had been taken and switched... and if THAT had caused her to disintegrate again. But it is the way it is now... and I'm enjoying the show, for the most part.

Archived