DAYS Patch and Kayla

• Members

I think that it was a wonderful idea to have Kayla and Steve comeback! What I don't think was good was the way it was written and handled! When I think of great comebacks and reuniting, I think of Angie and Jesse's reunion on AMC. It was well publicized and heavily advertised. I think NBC and Days should have done more on the lines of that. I think Steve and Kayla seeing each other at the gravesite was good, but could have been done better. Kayla was having all these different memories of Steve when she was coming back to Salem. I think that they should have continued with that and at the same time let Steve have flashes of memory of events in Salem that are unclear to him. But the flashes of memory that would have gotten to him would be the ones with Kayla in them. Those would have been the sweet moments, romantic moments, the adventurous moments where he was her hero. Those memories would have been the build up to a grand reunion. They would have had missed moments, where you would think that they would see each other, but didnt. Let's not forget that he had "died" but his coffin did get switched out. With that, danger could have ensued and really been the premise and catalyst for his return which would have put Kayla and Stephanie in danger. Steve would be remembering different things but have no explanation of the memories. Jack would be there to help him piece it together, but it would be difficult and hard to do so. A near miss meeting could have been scheduled with Steve when Jack tells Kayla of a friend who has difficulty remembering and knows that he needs help. Of course, when they arrive there, Steve is gone after recieving a mysterious note about his past. The mysterious note could have came from someone who had dirty dealings with the Alamains, or Victor Kiriakis or even could have involved Victor, and maybe Stefano (but I probably wouldn't have used Stefano for this because he is always the source of everyone's problems, LOL). Eventually, the people involved in the dirty dealings would have abducted Kayla knowing that Steve has some feelings and history with Kayla...and so on. I could have so written this storyline and involved so many more characters, Jack, Jennifer, Bo, Hope, Adrienne, Stephanie, Victor, Philip, Kate, Caroline, Roman, Kimberly, Marlena, John, brought back Vivian and Lawrence.

And as far as Ed Scott goes, he wasa wonderful at and for Days. He brought such consistency to the show and utilized alot of people. The writing was great and not trivial in a sense. I liked what he and the writers did with Chloe when she first came back! She re-entered the show as a first class #@!itch. I liked the edge they had given to her. Her character had become like a diva, having run-ins with Victor and trading barbs and insults. I think they should have continued that edge with her character and really played her up as a vixen but a vixen who is looking for love and romance. Ultimately, Chloe and Philip could have truly reconnected. I think that Ed Scott had a grasp of the direction of the show and was really working hard to produce quality drama utilizing everyone! He really did well bringing the soap from SCI-FI type storylines and having it become more character driven and based and if given the true opportunity, is influence would have been even greater. I almost think that alot of the vets would have been featured alot more.

The character Melanie, is not a bad character persay. However, I think that her character has become useless to this point. I will even go on to say that her inception was not that great. We could have really done without. It would have been better if in Paris was Max's biological mother who could have been a trouble maker and yes, could have mixed it up with different characters on the canvas. She could have been a scheming vixen in a way and blackmailed many characters like Victor and Max's father, as well as getting the fuel project from Nick and been in a nidding war involving Victor and Stefano, Tony, and I would have pulled in someone much older than Philip, like Justin or created a new older male Kiriakis. I still want Greta to come back and turn out to be Victor's daughter and Eric come back as well. These are just my thoughts of things that could have been helpful to the show and really sparked new light into Days as well as new storylines and added to the rich history of the show!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course SN liked it when Scott was the EP - He, Ed Scott and a few writers were writing their own [!@#$%^&*]. Scott and those actors were wrong on every level. I would have shown them the door too.

I'm not saying Ed Scott was a bad EP because he wasn't. I wish he was still the EP but he should do his job and not Higley's job.

Archived