Y&R: Week of April 06, 2009

• Members

And I seriously ain't interested in Kevin having to defend his actions yet again. It's been done before. And if they choose to have Jana's headaches turn her evil again, the it's another redo.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have faith that Paul R/Maria B see the error of their ways with the Kevin and Neal stories; they are both big clunkers but still watchable compared to the crap on most other soaps. They need to wrap the Kevin story up quickly and move on. Let's give them a chance. I could do with out CB/Michael. His histrionic acting tells me he needs a long vacation with Anthony Geary in Amsterdam. Jana needs to be off teh canvas. Gloria and Jeff can work with better storylines.

• Members

I'm torn. Rikkart is a good actor, but the character is also overexposed. I would send him away to the funny farm for 5 years at LEAST, keep Michael around and give him and Lauren some drama to test their marriage (Maybe Eden could be a runaway or something?) I think Jeffrey needs to be GONE, SOMEHOW... and since Gloria didn't get her comeuppance and is not in jail right now, she needs to get EVERYTHING she wants in life, swimming in money from Victor, let everything go her way and have her happy as a clam for the next 3 months, and then she gets hit by a bus. Jana can be dropped to recurring, we can see her about as often as we see Gina.

• Members

You don't speak for all of us :-).

Honestly, I keep hoping that she'll have a little self-realization, APOLOGIZE PROFUSELY AND HEARTFELTLY for exposing the boys to Tom, and then start scheming to protect her cubs. She can still scheme...she should just be a little less self-serving.

But therein lies the problem with the soap audience. We're all freaking moralists. Why can't we just accept and enjoy bad people? We do in other genres. Why do the "bad" folks always have to die in a trash compactor?

There is something compelling about everyday evil, as it pretty much exists in the world. Some people never do the right thing.

The other thing is that Gloria really isn't always intentionally evil. She's reckless, and that is a far more compelling thing to watch. Amber is reckless too...and I just love that little kewpie.

• Members

When Gloria went to Jeff and said, "What did Kevin do to you?" All I could think is, it's all your fault BITCH. She's the one who subjected a toddler to torture at the hands of his father, because Tom must have stimulated her nether regions really good. Gloria should really learn to take some responsibility for how her sons have turned out and maybe then she'd be able to eventually redeem herself. This constant blaming of others for all her problems is pathetic and why she has worn out her welcome.

I really enjoyed Micheal and Kevin beating up Jeff. I still want Jeff gone though and he can take that troll of a wife with him.

And I agree with MarkH and Adam. The villains are the more interesting characters, which is why I am rooting for the Terminators :) This is why Gloria is not one of my faves, she's not a villain, she's a wannabe victim. Go Sheila, Go Phyllis, Go Tricia.....you BITCHES rock.

• Members
Mac never was one to smile much with the exception of Rachel Kimsey's Mac, which wasn't the actress' fault.

Billy Miller has brought his character to life and I hope that Clementine Ford gets the chance to do the same with Mac. I'm hoping they go the route of Kevin/Mac/JT, now wouldn't that bite Billy Abbott's ass after finding out that he is no longer related to Mac.

Agreed! LML made the mistake of trying to make the Baldwin/Fishers a core family.

Archived