Y&R: Week of April 06, 2009

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasn't a big fan of this whole Stockholm Syndrome Kevin sl, but it worked, for me at least. I hope the rehab won't take long. I think Jana's on her way out - those headaches and such tell me the tumor's been re-activated (only on soaps!) and she's goiong to do something horrible. Especially if the rumers that you-know-who is the one to comfort Kevin.

Neil/Tyra - at long last some good dramz! Sure we've seen it on soaps tons of times, but the scene was so intimate and so personal. Karen shocked me by her desperation to have Anna and her willingness to put up with just about anything to have a family. They finally gave her a pulse! And is it me or did Neil seem like he wants Karen to go?

And Gloria's working for Victor now, too! She still ahsn't actually gotten the money though right? It's still in some off-shore holding account and she won't get it for a while? ?I bet Victor will see to it that Gloria never gets that money, no matter what she does.

Did anyone else find it weird that Victor was thinking to himself and said Mary Jane's fake name and not her real name?

• Members

haha... me too, it was quite amusing. But like other's have said, Gloria should take part of the responsibility for how Kevin turned out. She never takes any responsibility. Always playing the role of the victim.

• Members

THAT is why I can't love her. I LOVE bitches and schemers and bastards on soaps. I identify more with the villain 100% of the time. But Gloria is way to stupid and plays the victim way too much for me to root for her. I want her to just curl up in a corner and die, she's really nauseating.

• Members

Exactly! A good villain has to suffer at some point and repent for the things they have done. I'm not saying they have to go from bad guy to hero, but a real, ruthless villain is NEVER playing victim. They are the one's tormenting those around them. Gloria is just a pain in the ass who turns into little Miss Drama Queen Cry Baby!

• Members

I didn't like the Stockholm Syndrome story, but then it gave us those moments today between Leblanc and Rikaart. THAT is why they won the Emmy together several years ago. And they'll do it again. All you haters! :) That was not just soap opera gold...when Michael and Kevin go to that "place" of loving brothers in the heat of the storm...there is nothing better. I was expecting showy/hammy, but there was none of that today IMO. (Well, unless you count my Gloria :) NEWMAN HELICOPTER, b*tch?? Talk about grand entrance ).

Honestly, and I like Peeples, when I watch those scenes I basically think "oh, they're recycling Phyllis' dialogue with Nick for Karen!". I know that's not quite right...Karen is now a little more desperate ... but I shan't miss any of it when/if this story ends. My only concern is Ana. If Neil/Karen are unfit, who gets her? Yes...I care. Not about Ana specifically, but about the child. Isn't Devon an adult? As her brother, why wouldn't HE get custody?

Yes, I did think calling her "Mary Jane" in his head was weird.

• Members

But that is Gloria's villainy! It is actually a classic and REAL (IN THIS WORLD) form of villainy. Manipulation through guilting and playing victim. I think you may all be hating this because it is not "funny malevolent Tricia's-got-a-gun evil", but the kind of ordinary demagogery, stupidity and recklessness that micht actually see in the everyday world. Gloria does that coquettish thing, and we know she's manipulating...she's "inauthentic". But none of these are reasons, IMO, to hate her.

Gloria is not stupid. She is RECKLESS. She's Amber, all grown up. I'll take you by the hand and introduce you to ten real women like that :).

No no no no no!

It is true in the moralistic soap universe that "villains have to pay". Why do we need that cliche? What about, for once, a villain who NEVER pays?

Archived