AMC: FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2009

• Members

OMG! This is hilarious to me! Everybody brings it up like it's brand new or they're the only ones who think this! alwaysAMC brought this up several weeks ago comparing her to the Ugly Betty version of Bianca! LMAO! I'm sorry, it's just funny that every single time Tori is on, someone goes "is it me, or does she look like...?" And I start laughing because I'm like NO! IT'S NOT JUST YOU! :lol: In the words of Michael Jackson... "You are not alone..."

Anyway, she is, indeed, Addie Walsh's daughter.

:lol:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of the factors in my amusement is simply that this poor girl is constantly being described as a lesser version of Eden! It's bitchy and catty to laugh about... but it tickles me!

One of my favorite jokes from a couple weeks ago when this first came up was how Kendall would use Tori to taunt Reese. When Reese got her vision back, she would see Tori as Bianca and be like WTF?!?!

• Members

Pratt has screwed up a lot, but the ONE thing he has consistently gotten right since he started is Erica. Maybe the writing has reignited something in Susan Lucci as well, I don't know...but her eyes sparkle now and she look incredible. Erica has finally shed her pod and is the character I have loved all these years.

I also think and I expect to get hassled for this...that taking Erica out of Jack's life was the best thing that could have been done for her. So much of the last 5-6 years has been spent with Erica trying to make Jack love her...the real her, that she lost her spark and fire. She was trying to behave and still be Erica on the side and it never worked.

I wonder too if she feels revitialized having David Canary to work with and Vincent Irizarry back as well. Both men really do bring out the best in her and really force her to keep her acting up and consistent.

Ah, I think I love Erica more now then I have in years. :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Members

She has not been this good probably since the summer of 2003.... Erica didn't really stop being Erica until they hooked her back up with Jackson..... which Kylie has always agreed with.... and I always knew Jackson was one of Erica's weaker partners, but never realized just how much the character of Jack and the actor of Walt Willey limited Eric/Susan////

David Canary and Vincent as she said elevate Susan's acting.... and therefore elevate the character of Erica.....

Its quite amazing what has been done. It makes up for some of the crap Pratt has put out there.... at least I can for the most part count on Erica to be raw and real (except when she is kissing Zach's ass)

Maybe along with a paycut, there is a clause in her contractually bounding Susan to play those scenes ;) It just seems to not jive at all with Pratt's version of Erica in any other context.

• Members

For the record, Conal O'Brien directed the episode.

I agree that this was the best episode of the week. It helped that nobody was running around ranting how David was going to destroy all their lives and had to be stopped. After Thursday's episode, I was starting to suspect we're heading for a "Who Shot David?" plot for May sweeps.

I loved how David's insecurity over Leora's death made him doubt whether he could save Ian. It made sense and gave his character some much-needed layers. VI was excellent.

I still don't care for Zach/Kendall as a couple but their scenes when Kendall related how she used to envision Ian growing up when he was in the incubator made me cry. Kudos to Alicia Minshew for not going into histrionics!

Didn't we all know Tori wasn't real? I was pleasantly surprised that she turned out to be the missing girl. It looks like Richie convinced Annie and possibly their parents that his sister did it, which would explain why her parents never treated her the same as they did their son.

I'm still not seeing any chemistry between Erica & Adam but I am glad he's finally back. I can't wait to see where his health condition storyline is headed. I don't think it's going to turn out that Erica looks like Lottie, just that Adam's confused.

• Members

Really good scenes. Friday's episode made me a little angry though. I almost rather they show crap daily, good episodes make me hungrier for...well, good episodes, lol.

I'm going to get deep here and I don't know why I'm bothering since MEK recently said on a raido show that Pratt is writing inconsistently (confusingly) on purpose - it's one thing that moment, another thing thing that moment, then something else to "keep everybody guessing." He's throwing 10 angles out of the bag witht he R/K/Z story particularly, and not sticking to any, it's just something different every half a episode. I wouldn't get doing that by accident, so I dont even pretend getting him doing it on purpose. Rant done.

Erica and Ryan, well Ryan on Friday is what I wanted to discuss. I loved that I felt that they were writing him like a villain on purpose on Friday, this is so much better than trying too hard to write him like an awesome guy and it always failing. Everything out of his mouth was about fighting Zach. It's like he really couldn't feel any real depth for the situation at hand. It's like he is still blinded by rage, but in a overall more subtle way than he has been in the past. Earlier in the day he needed and wanted Kendall, now he loves her when he feels he's in danger of Zach taking one more of the things he's won away. They should continue with this line of thought for him, it's intriguing. Cameron long ago said he wanted an Edmind/Dimitri thing with Zach (I felt he knew what his future story was at that time), and this almost has that feel if they remain in this line of thought. When Edmund first came on he was a little single minded in his anger. It would be a good twist if

is working for Ryan. I think I like the idea of Ryan becoming really bad to somehow become good again. I'm thinking deeper than Pratt will probably write here. That's what bugs me the most about Pratt, I think he shows moments of such potential while he's throwing things out of the bag but with his attention issues he doesn't really invest in the bingo moments.

I think they have amazing chemistry but a large part of me thinks that sex (or a romantic entanglement) may ruin the chemistry they have. This one brings me a lot of conflict because I really think they just absolutely crackle together.

• Members

I do have this in the back of my mind too.... it will be interesting just to see how this dynamic unfolds....Adam and Erica's relationship however is the best thing to happen to AMC in several years. It was a gold mine just waiting to be unearthed after all of these years.

Archived