GL: April Discussion

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Reactions to Friday's episode:

I love that I called it that James had figured out who Susan/Daisy was although she didn't recognize him. The actor who plays James continues to impress me. I like how Beth is both proud of her son and worried about her son's ways. James's cold interaction with his father was also interesting.

I'm still holding out hope that Edmund will stop before doing anything really bad.

Can't wait for:

More Rafe this week! And whoa, wedding already?

• Members

Gah how I hate how they have Jeffrey and Josh act like Crocket and Tubbs. RN is believable, where BC is not. Plus this whole Roc Hoover/keeping Edmund in check thing since the day the man returned to SF is ridiculous. We get it, he's dangerous!

Looking back on Edmund's run, a character who I believed had tons of potential after that albatross of a brother of his died, has only been turned into the mustache twirling villian for the Shayne/Lewis families. It seems to be the reason of why he's lasted this long. I loved it when they had him the Spaulding atmosphere, but that was when the show was in capable hands. I now believe the only reason they had Reva get pregnant, was so Edmund could kidnap the poor child after he was born. WTF?

• Members

So I'm trying to catch up on Y&R and GL after not being able to watch it for a week-and-a-half and, I don't want to say I don't LIKE him because it's too early to say that, but the new James is NOT making a good impression on me. Seriously! Is is TOO MUCH to ask for any of the Spauldings to be written like the complex characters that we know them to be?! So now, we have James sleeping with the governor's daughter to get his father off the hook and then being grateful to Daisy for helping him dump said girlfriend. And Conroy is certainly not playing any shades of gray in his performances. He comes off as the arrogant ass that he is. Grady 2.0 with an established tie and a shorter haircut.

Maybe I just have pie in the sky dreams of Beverlee Mckinsey and old-Phillip, but the Spauldings may have done bad things to suit their own purposes sometimes on purpose, sometimes accidental, but they were never written like THE source of all evil in Springfield. Well, maybe Alan was, at least in Mike Bauer's mind, but the viewers were able to see him for the complicated man he was. And we were able to see other sides to the characters through their other relationships. Alan had Hope, Alex had Fletcher and Nick/Lujack, Phillip had Beth and Lizzie. The closest we get is Lizzie being in love with Bill, but she really been distanced IMO from the family proper in terms of character.

• Members

Today was incredibly rushed, like they flew through the Edmund/Shayne story and it kind of sucked. Edmund hitting Shayne over the head with the baseball bat was so anti-climactic.

While I enjoy Dinah and Shayne, I have to say, I really enjoy Dinah and Josh scenes. I think they have some fantastic chemistry (pity the show won't continue, I could have totally gone for a Dinah/Josh fling down the road).

I'm very happy this Otalia story is moving along, but today was odd. JL has improved leaps and bounds since she started on the show, she's become quite a capable actress, but Natalia was just confusing to me today she came off as incredbly wishy washy.

I like EJ, so it was good to see Rafe, and little Emma is the most adorable girl and good little actress.

I will be dancing a jig when it warms up in Jersey because I'm sick of seeing Dinah in the same coat and everyone else bundled up like eskimos in every scene.

• Members

When Olivia said I love you to Natalia, Natalia's facial expression looked like wtf? lol She's probably thinking of course you love me, we're friends and everything. I hope we get a better explanation tomorrow.

As for Reva and Edmund, this Reva VS Edmund for her baby should have been dragged out a little. This story had so much potential. They might as well end this show on CBS. I don't think I can bare to see these hacks(writers) working at GL if the show finds life another planet.

Guest dc cubs

CC delivered a gut wrenching performance today at Gus's gravesite. I can't wait to tune in tomorrow to find out Nat's reaction.

I'm not a big Reva fan but KZ was also very good today. I was very surprised when she stuck that needle in Edmund. Good suspense there. DAM was fantastic as creepy, scary Edmund.

• Members

The baby was calm with Mom, even with Eddie, but cried when he went to dad - don't think Collin likes jeff - IMO. You know I love my Eddie good or bad, but I'm o.k. with Reva giving him the shot - because it was exciting and want more Eddie cause more problems, because Eddie saves us from boring.

GL new phone # 866 - 695 - 1859

email: [email protected]

;)

• Members

Whole show

http://rapidshare.com/files/221459972/4-14_Whole_show.wmv

Edmund Vs. Reva

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlXyZzSGFd4

Olivia moving out of Natalia's house

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjDt0Lizwfc

Father Ray interviews Frank & Natalia about getting married while Olivia confides in Buzz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTc_iD9UhVE

Buzz confronts Frank about the wedding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE_nN-s2SfA

And the real highlight of the show:

Olivia confesses her feelings to Natalia at Gus's grave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyrJGBBcltM

It really amazes me how this show can turn out some of the atrocious bilge that it did last week and the week before and then turn around and be so freaking fantastic this week so far! I'm gettin' whiplash here!

Is there anyone on daytime who has been better than Chappell this past calendar year? Anyone? I don't think so. When Olivia was explaining to "Gus" how she finally got what he saw in Natalia and how she had to let her go and finally learned how to put someone else first and she looked up and Natalia was there, Olivia's entire soul just spilled out. The rawness and depth of her emotions were overwhelming and not just to her. What an amazing performance.

I don't think Natalia is being wishy-washy so much as she's so clueless about how to conduct an adult relationship of any kind much less one that Olivia is also so confused about. She fell for Gus as a kid, a teenager, and so much of her love for him was caught up in memory. We also know that she had no real love life to speak of after him so she's extremely uncomfortable with having an adult relationship at all much less one so alien to how she grew up.

I haven't had much sympathy so far for Frank since he's been acting like such an oblivious pud throughout all of this but I really felt his anger and hurt today when Buzz suggested calling off the wedding. His being bitter and resentful that Buzz supported Coop, Harley, and Marina no matter what stupid thing they were willing to do in order to get a chance at love but all he wants is to no longer be the "nice guy who's always free on Valentine's Day" and that's a problem. And when he asked if Buzz suggested that the wedding was a mistake because he thought no one could ever love him like that? Ouch.

I do wish the Edmund and Reva confrontation had been longer but it was good for what it was. And I have to agree that Colin seems to like everybody except Jeffrey. He's fine with Reva, Edmund, Shayne, but not Jeffrey. His reactions to him last week were hilarious:

4-072.jpg4-073.jpg

4-075.jpg4-076.jpg

Archived