GL: April Discussion

• Members

Have to say I enjoyed James Spaulding today too. He looks like he could be Philip's son IMO.

Loved to see Phillip walking in the mansion at the end of the show and then we find it was James' doing.

Delicious!!! 3 generations of Spaulding men going at it!!!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I only want him alive so that Phillip isn't a murderer, I don't actually want Grady back on the show. It is too disturbing to me to have a murderer (Phillip) wandering around Springfield unpunished -- the same problem many had with Grady.

As for the Spauldings being more interesting than the Coopers, to me it's not a fair comparison with Harley out of town. Harley is the most important Cooper. It's the equivalent to, or perhaps even more impactful than, Phillip being gone.

One other thing I liked about Wednesday's episode that I forgot to mention was the starkness when Phillip was being signed into the prison.

• Members

I think that goes to the whole crux of this "Super Dooper Cooper," phenom that SOMEONE had GL has embraced in the last four years..the family started out as a background for Harley..even Frank wast THAT important...what was important is that the Cooper siblings were abondoned by BOTH their parents and Frank had to raise Harley...that was interesting, a family dynamic of the two siblings being each others support, always on the periphery of Springfield society.

Then they brought Nadine in, which I think was a big mistake (she was too fauxNola, the later years) but even then the dynamic was the same, Nadine was a f*ck up out for money and H and F had to take care of each other. THEN JFP brought in her good buddy, JD, whose Buzz Cooper for a few years ate the show alive. But even then, the Coopers were potrayed as a dysfunctional blue collar fringe family, with Frank and Harley being the support for each other.

Now we have the blue collar Hughes family which is just the peachiest family in town dontcha know, with even dimbulb Frank going on and on about how great it was to be a Cooper (really Frank, what was the most fun, when your mom abondoned you or your dad??) Even Buzz is/should be support for Harley, without her, the family has no reason to be on the canvas, they don't serve the same function as core family, much less THE core family.

I hope someone in charge, if GL gets a new venue, sees that the Coopers need to be shuffled back to the periphery, and the focus needs to be the Bauers, Lewis and Spaulding Familie.

• Members

Thanks for that informative analysis and history lesson, Mitch!

Thoughts on today's pretty good episode:

- I think James may have figured out who Daisy is although Daisy doesn't remember James. I am currently neutral on a potential James/Daisy pairing but would prefer she get back with Rafe.

- I liked Remy talking to Christina about everyone leaving him. I liked Remy and Mel's talk too. I was sad when Remy and Christina divorced and then I was elated by the roller-coaster of what happened next.

- I liked seeing Rick and Alex.

- I liked Alan reacting to being pushed to the side. I liked James's smirky defense of and reunion with his mother at the end.

• Members

I don't like him either and he is just NOT Phillip and Beth's child. It amazes me that they could find someone so perfectly suited to be Phillip & Beth's daughter and Lillian's granddaughter as Marcy Rylan and then get this kid who has no characteristics whatsoever in common with any member of his family. A bust, especially if he's gonna be stuck with DingBatDaisy.

And whoopee, Remy & Christina had sex. Who the hell cares?! :rolleyes:

• Members

Step-brother, but who's keeping score? lol.

What REALLY screws this up is that James is the result of a fling with Phillip that nearly torpedoed Beth's marraige with Susan's (I refuse to call her Daisy) adoptive father Jim.

• Members

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates that they are calling her Daisy when she clearly went by Susan during the Britney S years. I also totally agree with your first point, Susan should be like 12-13 years older than him and it definitely messes up the timeline.

• Members

Ok GL you're pushing it...

I never accepted Jonathan and Tammy's romance so that's a whole story by itself.

It was a little difficult for me to swallow Bill and Lizzie at first as a couple because honestly, in reality they are supposed to be miles apart in ages. However I only came to love the couple because of the undeniable chemistry with DC and MR

Same with Dinah and Shayne's pairing. Miles, miles, apart in actual age. But I can't deny that GT has amazing chemistry with Jeff Branson.

Like Jonathan and Tammy, Mallet and Marina are entirely different issue, disturbing on so many levels.

But now their pairing James and Susan together? That along with Mallet and Marina defies so much logic. First of all when Phillip and Beth were busy getting it on in a crashed plane, which concieved James, a teenage Susan was on the verge of losing her virginity to Max (yeah, Max remember him? Oh that's right we're not supposed to believe that Brittany Snow ever played Susan, or her last stint in Springfield entirely!)

I'm seriously beginning to think they're just pulling out a pair of names out of a hat and going with that as a way to pair characters together on this show.

• Members

It's Bloomie pushing this..she lurves the Daisy character, and she lurves her some S vs. C. ]

It really should have been James and the SORASED Leah. I dont mind her that much now that her brother is off canvas (though I do hate that she is the same age as Emma and Emma is still a kid.) A Spaulding Bauer pairing would be so much more fresh then this dull Cooper crap (please give that family a break on their air time, they have gotten intolerable) and actually go back to history. Also, with Rick and Phillip's unresolved tension, Mel's dislike of Phillip, Rick's past with Beth...it would be so much more richer and make so much more sense, then another round with those damn Coopers.

Archived