GL: April Discussion

• Members

Not really... I pretty much know how much potential a storyline has so that's how I compare it when it comes to GL. The stories are GL are VERY WEAK. The sets and camera works are a mess. With those 3 things combined together, the show is a hot mess. Look at B&B, I can tell you that GL's writing is way better than B&B's. B&B has these nice outdoor scenes, indoor sets, better music than GL, and when you combine all those things with the crappy writing, it makes B&B look like an oak soap. That's the way I feel about it though. Also, Edmund's return was totally wasted.

GL could have easily done some nice Easter scenes. They have the outdoor space for it and everything. All they needed was to decorate it and have some couples and friends with them having a nice time. Then they go fly some kites.

cimg4515-reno-lotsofballoons.jpg

I understand that since it's Winter in NJ, the trees will look like they are dying. During spring/summer, this show can shine like a superstar. I'm not being delusional as I type this because it CAN happen. The leaves on all the tress will be green. Trees will be blooming. With those things, it will strengthen the outdoor scenes. These bastards are too freaking lazy at GL. They might as well send DAM packing and use his money to hire 1 or 2 good set designers.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to agree with Rakesh, the stories on GL right now are extremely weak. Otalia is the one and only story working and now that they've confessed their love, I have to worry how long it'll be before the show pulls it's standard trick of ruining any couple that gets remotely close to happiness. And even if it continues to work beautifully, you cannot make a good show with only one good story. As good as this story has been, there needs to be more. Otalia can't carry this show alone on their backs. No couple should monopolize the show even if their's is the only story working, even though I am sick of seeing Frank "dumber than a pile of dirty diapers" Cooper being made such a fool.

Everything else is extremely weak and only looks good in comparison to the absolutely horrid dreck this show was giving us 9-12 months ago.

I feel downright sorry for GA, he did this show a huge favor by coming back and they repay him by sticking him back into an even worse version of the PsychoAlan driving Phillip nuts by locking him in a looney bin story that everybody hated the first time around?

NuJames is a bland, generic teen punk totally indistinguishable from every other bland, generic teen punk on every other show, especially stuck with Daisy. Ditto Remy & Christina. Bland, generic, and boring.

The ruse of Bill & Lizzie not knowing each other is beyond lame and stopped being cute after the first day. It was sweet for literally three minutes. That was it.

Josh and Roc going after PsychoEdmund while Reva and McRapist fuss over a baby that never should've existed at all is garbage.

Shayne & Dinah are boring as lovers. And who didn't see the impending baby "reveal" coming a million miles away? On that note, M&M are STILL being shoved on us? They make Shayne & Dinah look exciting. Are we actually supposed to be rooting for M&M in any of this? And why? He's creep who bought a black-market baby as a housewarming gift for his child bride and now she, despite being an officer of the law, is threatening to frame a social worker so she can get her way? They both belong in jail. Ugh. These last two episodes were horrible and I had a hard time staying awake through either of them.

• Members

The Frank of the early 90s, I would have been all for pairing him up with Blake(if it wasn't for Ross/Eleni), but now? It's like their trying to punish Liz Keifer for God sakes. First they pair her up with Jeffrey, then punish her with that story of her obsessing with Mallet. Please don't pair her up with Frank, he will only bring her down with his boringness.

• Members

I really liked Frank and Blake together as friends who had no strings attached sex. They've both changed since then, but even now, Frank can be a funny and charming guy when he gets away from his awful family. I wouldn't mind seeing them try to date.

• Members

I love Frank...but in the "he's the big brother I never had" kind of way. His acting...well....not so much. I agree---it would be like punishing poor Liz. Beth gets plenty of tail...and Blake can't get laid to save her life. What kind of justice is that? :lol:

• Members

I go back and forth with Frank D. I thought he was wonderful during the Eleni romance, even during the first years of their marriage, but he stopped trying after he was put on the backburner for over a decade. I've seen some glimmers of talent again with the Natalia story, especially after she jilted him at the altar.

I guess I'm always going to have a soft spot for Frank because Frank and Nadine and Harley were among those who drew me into GL. I know he's a dummy with a self-righteous streak, but I'm still hoping he'll have a happy ending, somehow, with Blake or someone else.

The way Blake has been treated over the past 5 or 6 years is awful. I still don't get that blogger storyline.

• Members

Is it just me or have all the couples besides Otalia ventured into very boring territory

Bizzie = Boring (this game they're playing got old after their "first date")

Shaynah = Boring (this story is awful, we should start a drinking game for everytime the words "Lara", "Bosnia" or "music box" are mentioned)

Chremy = Boring (they were interesting the day she served him with divorce papers, but since then, not at all)

M&M = Boring (but then again they've never been interesting)

Jeva = Boring (don't get me started)

Are they devoting all of their efforts to Otalia or something, because every other story on this show has become terrible.

• Members

It's not just you, they are all boring right now except Otalia. The biggest reason why Otalia is working, from a writing standpoint, is because their relationship IS the story, not a series of stupid plot points that their relationship is just another cog in. The rest of them are stuck in the muck.

Other than Otalia, Bill & Lizzie are the only other couple whose story is their relationship but that's a brand new thing for them. For a year and a half their stories were textbook TormentedCouples101 stuff but the whole "we don't know each other" game is robbing them of the ability to be in their real relationship, which should be the whole point of being back together. This is just a silly game and it's tiresome now. They can be a real, passionate adult couple and still be cute.

Given the chemistry between Tognoni and Branson, I'm stunned how boring they became immediately after Dinah & Shayne had sex. And yeah, all the tiresome Bosnia, Lara, etc. nonsense is not helping, especially since everyone knows exactly where this is all going.

I've seen alot of praise for this pairing but they've been boring to me from the first day we saw Christina. ZZZZZZZ.

They've never been anything but sleep-inducing and the contrived and incredibly obvious Henry stuff makes their scenes seem longer than ever.

I think Jeva is only boring because everything with Jeffrey/Shayne/Edmund/Roc Hoover/etc. is so bad. When it's just them, they've still got it IMO.

I think that's a "the chicken or the egg" question. Are they devoting all of their efforts to Otalia because every other story is terrible? Or is every other story terrible because they've been devoting all of their efforts to Otalia?

Archived