Y&R: Actress out!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R's in a no-win situation because they keep these relics of the past because of the days when they were known as being the best soap for black characters, but those days probably aren't coming back, unless Victoria Rowell has a sudden change of heart. Even then she's only one character. Y&R doesn't want to be seen as racist, and if they don't want to make the effort to integrate new black characters, it's also easier to keep these few and say there's nothing they can do.

I'd rather see them write all the Winters out, except maybe Lily and Devon, if they can find story for them.

• Members

Again, it's not about Rowell not wanting to come back. She just hasn't been asked and there's a reason for that.

Devon is also useless and it's obvious they don't want to write for him.

Karen never stood a chance. She only came back to prop Tyra. We were all suppose to fall in love with Tyra, but it had the absolute opposite effect.

• Members

Oh, right, I keep forgetting about that interview. I guess they used that comment about Nia's short return to usher in Tyra only to cover up the fact that Nia defended her contract.

My mistake.

• Members

I think Devon has possibilities if they know how to write for him. He'll never be a major player, but he's not any worse than most of their other younger characters.

If they aren't going to bring Dru back then they should probably get off the pot and write the family out. I'm sure there must be someone else to bring in. Or they could always have Lt. Baker from B&B move to Genoa City and introduce his family.

• Members

She said she felt like she can't be over with the role so soon or something similar to that. She wanted to stay longer and she wasn't going to let them make her go away just yet. It was her first daytime venture.

She obviously set up some goals for herself and didn't want other to ruin it for her.

• Members

This bites. I think NP is a very capable actress and has the ability to make the viewers care about her story, if only she were given one. EM does not have the capability and should be gone. NP/Karen really got to me months ago when Ana sang that song that started the montage. I can't remember it now! But ever since then, she's found a fan in me.

• Members

As I said before, I like Nia, but I'm not sad to see her go. I only hope this is the beginning of trimming people in the Neil storyline. I wonder if Eva and the little girl that plays Ana will make it to a full year on this show. I hope this is the beginning of some cast trimmings.

Archived