Frustrated B&B Fans Speak no more!!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, FIRST OF ALL, this blogger hasn't bitched about anything we haven't already discussed or had a chat about. We know there's only one story on B&B. We're sick of their being only one story on B&B. We're well aware.

Don't think me rude, but I assumed this was some sort of picketing or rallying of the troops outside of Television City.

And this made me laugh:

Aside from maybe a brief period in the late 80's/early 90's(with Jazz and his brother), when has B&B ever had a minority(aside from Hispanic characters) in a MAJOR story?! Or even a B story? I mean, c'mon, do you really count Michael Lai, Jasmine, Shari Headley's character, dayplayer Madison, or the dykey Asian photog as diversity?! Aside from Hispanic characters, B&B has never had ethnic diversity, because frankly, the show's never really needed it. Marcus is a perfect example of why ethnic diversity for the sake of ethnic diversity FAILS on B&B or on any soap: the story has to be there first. If the writer has no interest or desire in writing a story about minority affairs or writing a story about minority characters, then why bother? Why add a black or Asian character on a soap, only to marginalize them and write them out eventually anyway?

Also, Tony doesn't have AIDS, he has HIV.

End of rant.

• Members

The BnB's 'one story format' hasn't hurt the show in the sense that they'd at least not lost their second place position in the ratings. The problem is that the writers have been choosing the WRONG one story to tell, lately... Donna and Eric (mercy... NO)... Katie and Nick (why SOAPGODS WHY!)... and now Rick and Steffy? There's a reason fans call them SICK. It's a formula that works well, just not with characters who are related. The writers can ignore the family bond because they've erased the biological link. Fans won't get over it that easily.

What was the point of cementing Ridge's status as a Marone? If he's Eric's son down the road, Rick really has diddled his (biological) niece. They'd have to reverse Ridge's AND Rick's paternities, just to make Ridge Eric's biological son again.` Rather than have Ridge and Brooke worry about psychotic and whiny Rick and Steffy, they need to find Ridge's other family, the family he's never known, and find out what happened to Massimo.

I just don't get the point of making him a Marone when he has NO ties to anyone named Marone. It's a wasted plot point.

• Members

IMHO, as long as Bell continues to degrade woman and insist on incest stories, this show just isn't worth watching. If he's looking to Bridge as his supercouple, then he's barking up the wrong tree. Bridge is toxic and certainly not worthy of being the center of the show. Ridge lost all credibility when he raped Brooke, and Bell lost his when he rewrote it and tried to redeem Ridge.

• Members

That site has some serious formatting issues. And a direct link would be nice next time.

I agree with the sentiments in the article but B&B has been playing this same routine since they decided to make Bridget lust after her psuedo-father and former brother. At this point the show is so broken I wouldn't know where to go with it.

Archived