B&B: Week of March 2, 2009

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm with you. The car explosion looked great and way better than another show's....um...fire crackers and gasoline explosion.

I loved the scenes that took place at the Sky Lounge at night. They were very visually appealing, and the way they used lights and the CBS lot to their advantage was great. It was probably the best scenes they've ever done on the lot and on the Sky Lounge(although I prefer the permanent outdoor set as Il Guardino's). I don't know if it had to do with the fact that it was at night or what, but everything looked good.

I love when they do their location shoots, but this one just looked really, really good.

• Members

We're on the same page...I think B&B does location shooting, at least the day to day location shooting that is now the norm, better than the rest of the pack. Brad and Co have been very resourceful, they literally film on top of their portion of Television City and go from there.

I think that it being dark really helped...not sure why, but I'm thinking it was because of all the twinkling lights in the background that just set the tone...the lighting was realistic. The car explosion was *money*...really, really, good.

But I'm with you, if they had to make the rooftop a permanent set, Il Guardino's is the way to go.

• Members

It just makes a lot more sense than having random extras working out and shoot hoops on that tiny set. Is it a break room area? Is it a gym? A crime scene? What the hell is it?

That too, but rewatch and look at the way the light hits Rick and Steffy when they're in the parking lot and at the gate and stuff. It just looked really slick.

Poor GL. They can't even do any night shows with their crappy camera equipment and minimal budget.

• Members

Slick is the perfect word to describe it.

Yeah, GL doesn't have a hope in hell of looking anywhere near as good. What B&B's got, in comparison to GL, are spacious 3 walled sets, high quality cameras, lighting, sound and the California sunshine, the weather helps SO much. Having lunch in sun splashed Il Guardino is in stark contrast to standing in a muddy field in New Jersey.

B&B has the right mix of tradition and innovation. That said, I wouldn't ever want B&B's style to be emulated at Y&R, both shows have their individual visual identities.

Archived