OLTL: Discussion for the week of March 2, 2009

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am simply not moved by the Gigi/Stacy/Rex story. The show has given us no reason to root for Stacy or find her compelling to any degree. She's a snot-nosed kid sister out to torment her sister. And we're supposed to care because? And I don't really find myself sympathizing with Gigi either. I don't hate this story I'm just numb towards it.

• Members

I'm moved to fast forward, not much else. All the actors involved are terrible and Rex looks like an even bigger idiot than usual for not checking her story out.

OLTL has some of the best actors around but some of the performances lately are very stilted, probably because some of their worst actors are in the spotlight. Cole was painful today, then go back to Stacey, then back to the twitty teens Starr and Lola.

I would rather they have A Martinez drop the stilted accent if he has to spend so much time trying to keep it; he's a better actor than what he's shown so far. Sometimes his accent veers off into very strange places.

Poor Blair. She should knee John where it hurts instead of trying to win him back.

I'm glad Sarah told Cristian off over the phone. The best scene Sarah and Cristian have ever had, even if only one was in it :P

• Members

I really dig Dorian/Ray while David's away. That has real potential.

I'm glad they responded to viewer complaints about Cris and had him do right, though I still don't care about him.

Everything else was okay except John and Stacy. Frickin' Stacy.

• Members

How did Natalie figure out that it was Bess at the hospital. I really wasnt paying much attention

Go Cole! I loved him telling Marty off. She is a pathetic excuse for a mother. She keeps whining about how she cant remember so she uses that as an excuse to not be a parent, but she doesnt even try to remember! Does she hang around her old friends or try and be near her son? Why hasnt she seen a doctor or a psychiatrist to help her remember? Her current condition was brought on from a medical trauma after she was injured, yet she has made NO attempts at seeking medical help to aid her in her recovery. Cole has every right to want nothing to do with her at this point bc she has shown little interest in him. She was better off dead.

• Members

This is one of the reasons why this storyline doesn't work for me, none of her friends care enough to help her, they just let her run around acting out. I understand she is reacting from Todd but this is just too extreme.

• Members

I think it's all kind of funny in a sad sort of way. Stacy is the new Gigi! Except Gigi is still new to me. Gigi is the chosen one. Tptb brought her on specifically to be Rex's true love that would never die, and transcended time, blah blah blah, even though the audience had seen Rex fall in love with Jen, and seen Rex fall in love with Adriana, and we never witnessed the love he shared with Gigi. Nevertheless, as soon as Adriana found out about Shane, she was reduced to the scheming, jealous "bitchy bangs" interloper for this supposed grand love to surpass all loves, even though Adrianna was Rex's bride-to-be! The funny part is, even though Adriana was written to be the wicked cartoon character (as Shane's comic book depicted), the audience felt compassion for her, and Gigi wasn't a very rootable character, or at least that was my observation. I think their strategy to vilify Adriana and glorify Gigi backfired, compounded by Gigi's ubiquitous presence on our screens almost everyday. So what do they do to repair it? Well it's almost as if tptb had a "Ah Ha!" lightbulb moment, and they figured that shoving Gigi down our throats is what made Adriana a root for character, so they introduce Stacy and have her everywhere, every day, to make Gigi the root for character. It won't make us love Gigi more, but we'll hate Stacy so much, Gigi will seem likeable in comparison.

Really? Seriously, I haven't paid that much attention, but since her big scheme to persuade Todd to commit suicide, I haven't remained convinced that Todd or the rapemance factors into her motivations at all. The next day she was parading Wes under John's nose and laying multiple kisses on him. I realize they made some minimal effort to pass that off as her baiting John and Blair because they saved Todd, but I didn't buy it, because they didn't sell it. Didn't she admit to John that the reason she went off with Wes was to aggravate him and get his attention? Isn't that the story they've been telling most recently? So as little as I've been able to grasp of the story, Marty's just been reduced to yet another woman whose sole motivation is to get to John.

• Administrator

So happy that I got my Dorian/Ray scenes!! Now I want to see more fights, anger, flirting, tension. OLTL struck gold with Martiniez/Strasser! Showcase them more, please. :)

I didn't like how Rex pulled the FIRE ALARM in the hospital just to get a diversion. WTF! That didn't feel right and was so careless.

Archived