AMC: Monday 3/2/2009

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

People lurking in the tunnels are nothing knew really? Does not really bother me. I was surprised at how quick Amanda's duplicity was revealed. I am glad they did not drag it out.

The Amanda story is really the only good thing going on right now. Everything else was meh. At least we got a break from Ryan.

• Members

Brot/Taylor scenes were finally good (and sweet) throughout the entire episode. Glad they finally made some looove, although I don't know why they couldn't have shown their sex as graphic as Zendall's - but whatever.

Speaking of Zach - seriously - he gives her an ultimatum after breaking down their damn door - and still never apologizes. He basically tells her that she is wrong and is putting Reese into the middle of the marriage (NOT HIM --- he said that!) and I'm supposed to just fall head over heels for this cheating bastard? *GAGS*

I'm SOOO over Jake and RPG. I know I keep saying this, but seriously, it just gets worse each day. Sure, the writers aren't really giving him much other than just 'being there' with (not)witty, mumbled jokes and laughable threats... I'm still trying to figure out why JR and Jake are serious rivals and don't act like they're pretty much related in the least...

Glad the Amanda truth came out so we can have more movement in this storyline.

Seriously, my show is whack for me right now. It was soooo good when Pratt took over and it almost recovered from that weird behind the scenes January mess, but it still hasn't gotten on track for me. In my 19 years of watching, I've never once quit, so I'm not going to now....but if I were the quitting type, I would totally give it up for a month or so right now. :(

• Members

Loved the scene with Amanda, Jake and JR. Love, love, love Jake and Amanda together!

Could have done without the "Babe is love" crap.

The Tad and Taylor chem test is a major bust.

Loved Adam as usual.

Can't wait to see Dave taken down - hard.

Congrats to all of the pre-noms!

• Members

Can't they go one episode without "reminding" us what a saint Babe was? Barf.

The Zendall love scene was well choreographed but they rushed the Zenconciliation in order to get to another plot point, I'm guessing. :P

I liked the Jake/Tad/Taylor/Brot/Frankie scenes. *hides* But RPG and especially BE are such an island on this show. If they are serious about tying them to the canvas, they really need to get started.

This show feels out-of-sync somehow and a lot of the frontburner characters just are not that sympathetic at the moment. I mean, watching Amanda about to trash JR's sobriety was bad enough. Watching both David and JR christen her a whore was worse.

• Members

I'm sure the explicit Zex was done to assuage... those certain fans. Quite frankly, I'm perfectly fine not seeing BE act sexy -- because I don't find her sexy at all (my orientation aside).

I hate how he eats this show. People talk about David becoming Spencer Truman-ish? It's Zach. That asswipe has basically bullied, threatened and murdered people and it all gets over looked. This shouldn't be any different, but to, I would've expected a little bit of self awareness from him. Someone does need to take him down a few dozen pegs... I'm just pissed that it's Ryan, of all idiots, stepping up for the challenge -- because we all know that birdbrain couldn't destroy a house of cards, even with detailed instructions and diagrams.

We are in agreement about this topic as well. While I never liked the Jake character (except for his initial incarnation under Lorraine Broderick back in, what... 1996?!), RPG plays this character way to smarmy. This Jake doesn't seem like a Martin. Michael Lowry and J. Eddie Peck seemed like a Martin -- RPG, not so much.

Awww, don't say that. I was loving the daily "Get JR drunk tonight" conversations.

Well, speaking as a person who has quit twice (under 'the writer' from May to July '06 and B&E from October '07 - August '08), I can say that, for me, while the show may be frustrating right now it hasn't gotten to the point of stepping away. There are still beats, moments and dynamics that I'm interested in seeing playing out.

• Members

This is my prob with RPG also. I think he'd be fine doing his schtick as another character and it's cute and funny in doses. But he doesn't seem like a Martin to me while I even acknowledging his goofball chemistry with MEK.

I'm okay with him overall if they can let him get his footing with Amanda's story.

Please stop having him call Amanda degrading names. Not Martinish, or didn't use to be.

• Members

Oh, and let me just add that I think it would be mega skeevy of Tad to pursue Taylor after Jake pursued her first. So NO to Tad & Taylor. Totally didn't understand the need for that chemistry test. Speaking of Tad and his post-KWAK Chemistry Tests... I miss my Bitch Doctor. Where is my camp, now?!

• Members

I agree - I only enjoy Amanda's storyline really at this point.

I agree! I didn't watch with any Babe around so I don't have an appreciation for her - but dear god do I hate her now. SO sick of seeing or hearing about her.

• Members

The camp still exists, but considering the cartoonish exit, I can't see that Moron Hack, Pratt, bringing the doctor back. She would have been better suited for Tad than the pointy Beth Ehlers.

As for Jake? I don't quite understand his need to drink all the damn time. I'm not sure he should be working on anyone, and what has he really gone through since being back that keeps him at Confusion? Jake serves no purpose, and RPG has not seemed like he could be a Martin since the roof top scenes at J&A's wedding. Those were absolutely fabulous and about the only time I bought him as a Martin. BTW, Pratt didn't have anything to do with J&A wedding did he? I refuse to believe he could ever be a part of something that great.

Bringing BE and RPG to this soap in hopes of resurrecting Harley & Gus with different names was a huge mistake (did we not learn anything from the Mary Beth Evans and Stephen Nichols fiasco @ GH). I wish they would let both go before more time is wasted on them.

ANDREA

• Members

I only watched three times during my B&E strike:

1.When Angie came back.

2.When Jesse & Angie reunited at the train station

3.When Jesse & Angie got married.

The reason it didn't seem like I had stop watching for 10 months was due to the fact that I was still around here. But I had not a clue what you all were talking about. I tried to follow as much as I could but it wasn't making sense. The one thing that had me admit defeat this past fall was my painful curiousity about that damn Pole Dancing thing everybody all over the internet was talking about. By the fall, when I finally watched the clip of it, I had it all built up to epic proportions in my head that what I had envisioned was worse than what had actually transpired! LOL!

Trust, it was even worse during the 2003-2007 era. Babe devoured the show whole. <_<

No, Chit. That was under B&E... but worry not. That whole thing was accused of being entirely ghostwritten by Agnes Nixon. From the way I hear it, 80 year old Agnes was holed up in an underground bunker for three months -- secluded from the rest of the world -- as she painstakenly penned 800 pages of script... because, similar to your feelings about Pratt, B&E were TOTALLY incapable of writing material like that.

Archived