GH: March Discussion Thread

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ethan's by far too lanky and oily. Brad is the kind of character GH needs, but he'd likely end up working for Sonny and Jason's organization within a month like soldier Cody.

But yes, Brad and Robin was a welcome break from the exhausting Robin/Patrick pairing. Sometimes a great argumentative chemistry can turn toxic when writers use it as a crutch and ALL the characters do is fight. Why should I keep rooting for you to be together when it is mentally and emotionally exhausting to watch you two fight in every scene?

I wouldn't mind Robin getting wild, but they can't have her be too promiscuous without addressing her HIV positive status. It's a delicate spot the character is in, and it sets Robin apart from any of the other self-destructive whores on this canvas.

I would be definitely be up for Patrick/Elizabeth. He'd certainly be drawn to Liz's easygoing charm and self-assuredness, and welcome the break from all the neuroses and judgments, while Elizabeth could enjoy Patrick for the edge that Lucky doesn't have, but also the stability and safety Jason can't provide. Patrick's a happy medium between Lucky/Jason. I think that was in the back of the writers' minds, I see it as a VERY deliberate choice that Elizabeth is a closeby neighbor to Robin/Patrick's new home.

• Members

I don't think P and R ever had great argumentative chemistry. JT and KMc are a far cry from Cary Grant and Rosalind Russel. The non-stop bickering over nothing is like nails on chalk. I actually thought the replacement Patrick, Ethan Erickson, was better than the real Patrick. JT can only play glum or angry and it kills every scene he is in. KMc has shown in this PPD story she just doesn't have the screen presence to be a leading lady.

As for Ethan, there is something oily about him, but nothing wrong with being lanky.

• Members

I have never gotten the major appeal of Patrick & Robin. At first they were cute and fun and then... it was the same scenes over and over again for like two years over the course of daytime gh and even nightshift.

However, Patrick & Liz? Thats where its at IMHO. As DES pointed out Patrick can offer Liz the best of both worlds. And Liz can offer Patrick a life without living on pins and needles.

Furthermore, i agree with QF that KMC lacks the screen presence she needs to be a leading lady, or even a major supporting lady.

Moving on from there... I really love all these moments between Johnny & Maxie. IDK if its being written this way or its how the actors are playing it, but it seems when they are together they let all the walls down. They become who they really are - not who others want them to be or even who they think they should be. I really hope GH goes forward with JoMax.

I love the friendship between Sam & Spinelli.

• Members

Well, I like Robin and Patrick as a couple and don't want them broken up over this PPD story though if the actors re-sign I expect them to be broken up. They were great on Night Shift 2 which tells me that it is Guza's writing at fault. I haven't been fond of the constant bickering, but it was either that or some outrageous GH story. I don't like Robin's over the top neuroses or Patrick's egotistical issues, but for Guza it drives Patrick and Robin's story which actually means that their stories tend to be character driven unlike the rest of couples on GH. Robin and Patrick are the closest thing to a half-way normal couple on GH and it should stay that way. Also, it feels like they never got a real shot at this marriage. KMc has done a far better job with this crappy material than she is being given credit for. You try selling angst over a baby and then putting a baby in a tree. I'll take KMc's more subtle portrayal over the typical soap wailing.

I've never been a Liz fan so I definitely don't want her with Patrick. In many respects Patrick isn't substantially different from Lucky. They both aren't in the mob which means they are lucky to have a story. Patrick and Liz would be another Liz and Lucky because Guza would not write for them outside of the mob. IMO, Liz belongs with Lucky or on the backburner. On thing is for certain, GH doesn't consider Liz a leading lady. She had her shot at Jason that they dropped that one.

I am adding a rant here:

GH doesn't have to be this way. There is no reason that Liz and Lucky can't have their own story instead of Liz becoming the interloper in Robin and Patrick's story. Brad could show up in PC and start a romance with Liz causing Lucky to get jealous and kick off a triangle there or Rebecca/Lucky/Nik/Liz could become a genuine romantic quad with Liz and Nikolas fighting for Rebecca and Lucky who are attracted to each other. However, this will never happen because 80% of the show is the mob (Jason, Sonny, Carly and Spinelli). Spinelli has been on almost everyday for the last 3 months. More than any other character. How can any non-mob story get told in these conditions? This is not good soap storytelling. The lack of balance is atrocious. It is amazing that Robin and Patrick actually have a story that gets airtime. Also, their story would have worked better if Mac, Anna and Robert were involved. Instead of a sleazy cheating angle, we could have had the Scorpios rallying around Robin and Patrick and while Ethan got to know his "maybe" father as an outsider. But GH doesn't draw on its rich history or do family oriented stories any more. GH is a clusterfuck and it really is a shame. I really wish I understood the behind the scenes thinking that goes on at GH. The show has the bones to be so much better, but fails consistently.

• Members

I would take an outrageous story any day of the week over mere bickering. Stories are why you watch fiction theoretically; you want to be told a story. For three years practically Robin and Patrick have had next to no story, just arguing in lieu of a story. I don't care who is a couple and who isn't, to me they are all alike and all equally capable of starring in a story. So with that in mind, I would rather watch Max and Diane in a recurring actor yet frontburing story, than my two favorite actors just hanging around on my screen taking up space. And that's what PandR have done all this time, just take up space fighting about B.S. week after week, month after month. Now this is pretty much their first time fronting a story and neither one is delivering. That's not the fault of any writer, that's the actors showing their limitations. Less talented actors than KMc have strutted their stuff in front burning stories and make up for their limits through charisma and screen presence. KMc has shown she is never going to command the screen. Susan Lucci she isn't.

• Members

Watched Monday (30th) episode. GH --sigh-- compels me to be cruel.

Just as I AM SURE Jill Farren Phelps would have no problem pulling aside an actress and chastising her about any extra weight gain, so, too, should a producer step in and talk to Kristen Storms about the dangerous amount of weight she has lost.

The dark circles under her eyes, the sunken cheeks, the haggard body frame. She looks like a starving street urchin. Don't want to speculate, but she doesn't appear to have dropped the pounds the Weight Watchers way.

As for the rest of this show... it is all so headache-inducing.

-Can't believe Spinelli (Spinelli!) is the center of the show! I mean, kudos to TPTB of GH for going with humor for once instead of the usual doom-and-gloom. Only problem is, Spin is not nearly as funny as TIIC think he is.

-Speaking of unfunny. JoMax dragging a drugged Ric to the hospital. Hilarity! :rolleyes:

-Sarah Brown. Put down the steroids.

-Sonny shoving his way into Claudia's bedroom, pouring himself a scotch and informing Clau that he was ready to be pleasured = 1000 kinds of ick. This is the pairing TPTB want us to root for? And Sarah Brown turned down a chance to act opposite Rick Hearst for a chance to kneel in front of Sonny and whisper "Let me show you how grateful I can be" ?

-Man, I hated Emily back in the Um days. Now I like Rebecca and her blonde hair. WTF? She seems more like Amber Tamblyn's Emily than NL's Saccharinily.

-I like CarJax, too. Something is seriously wrong with the universe!

-I can't get into the singer Duffy and her brand of vintage soul because of one small reason: she looks exactly like Lulu. And I HAAAAAAAAAAAATE Lulu. Watched her on Monday. Yup. Still hate her.

-DemonSpawn's hand moved. Bring on the teen newbies.

• Members

ITA. There is something refreshing about JoMax. However, it's only like that when their scenes are about 'them' and not about LooLoo and/or Spin. It's like Maxie and Johnny get to breathe and be themselves. There's no pressure there.

I HAAAAAAAAAAAATE what TIIC are doing to my Ric. :angry:

Sonny/Claudia........somebody, please make it stop. :rolleyes:

Archived