Image Award Winners

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey it's Michael B. Jordan (Reggie, AMC)! I miss that kid.

Debbi is gonna be the default for however long she stays as AMC the same way VR was when she was on Y&R. And why the heck not? She's the most prominent black actress in daytime. Who else could they give it to? I wish the pool were larger but unfortunately it's not.

• Members

Wait....House of Payne won an Image Award? The same sitcom that Tyler Perry produces that fired it's writers for trying to get union representation? Isn't this award about supporting minorities and programs that uplift their respective communities? Why would they award a show where the man who produces it doesn't believe his fellow African-Americans and their allies should have the perks that go along with having a writing career, like everyone else in the industry?

I mean, they've struck a deal with the WGA now, but his arrogance about it even after the deal is just really offensive. It's like he's complaining about giving writers union representation, but he is a member of SAG and the DGA.

I'm kind of surprised they would award him, but I know I shouldn't be.

• Members

You mean Tyler Perry's House of Painfully Unfunny? That show is a major disappointment imho. Some people need to go to Best Buy and get some Golden Girls dvds and learn what sitcom writing is all about.

I think Cornelius (??), Frankie on AMC was more deserving than Bryton, hell, even Brot!

• Members

I too hate Tyler Perry's House of Painfully Unfunny. I'm really not a big fan of his period. And he is selling his house, the most TASTELESS home in North America.

And yes, Golden Girls writing was excellent, I think the best when it comes to sitcoms, not one single episode disappointed me. It really stands up in re runs.

Archived