AMC: Character from the past returning

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not going to be Cady McClain. That ship has passed. Frons won't have her back. She did nothing for the ratings last time around and, to be honest, she drags down Michael E . Knight. It's time for the Tad character to move on. Pratt seems to imply that it will be an OLD character played by a DIFFERENT actor. I really think it's Liza and I could easily see FOP Kelly Rutherford assuming the role. She's a good actress who would chemistry with a lot of the other actors.

• Members

I'm now convinced it's Skye.

The latest SOD also mentions that David Canary is off-screen for three weeks in March, and then returns with secret news that he ONLY shares with Erica (about Skye, no doubt).

Plus, the AMC recap pages in SOD include a "flashback" picture of Carrie Genzel as Skye in 1996.

So....I'm guessing either Genzel is coming back as Skye.....or they're trying to remind people that Robin Christopher wasn't the "only" Skye when they bring on some "big-name" recast....likely an FOP (Friend of Pratt).

• Members

Liza was already a POD under Marcy Walker. By the time Liza left the writers had Liza and Brooke as almost interchangeable.

I primarily blame "the writer" for ruining Liza. She turned Broderick's great WRCW executive bitch into a whimpering "I want a baby" POD. Exactly the same thing she did to Greenlee. Like Greenlee, Liza was a character brought in/back by the previous regime that "the writer" couldn't just get rid of (and we know "the writer" likes to get rid of anything her predecessors did) because she was too popular. So instead she set out to ruin what made her so great.

However I also read that when Marcy Walker started finding God she went to TPTB and told them, essentially, that she wanted a nicer, softer Liza and would not be able to play bitchy Liza anymore. If that's true then, as much as I do love Marcy Walker, I don't ever want her back as Liza because that Liza sucked.

(Edited, as I shamefully used "the writer's" name)

Archived