OLTL: Phil Carey (Asa) has passed away!

• Members

"Carlo Hes-sa"! LOL, I forgot about that. Then there were all the "she devil" comments about Blair.

Rover, you are absolutely right...Phil and Clint are having a beer somewhere and no doubt sharing many a laugh! :D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they can. It can be the "anniversary of his death" or "what would have been his 80th birthday" or whatever excuse they want to come up with.

Personally, I think they could do a standalone out-of-continuity greatest-hits clips retrospective...so that both Clint and Asa can be shown. But that would be inconsistent with ABC's methodology, I fear.

• Members

RIP, Phil. I hated Asa for his first few years, but then grew to love his irascible nature. Phil often chewed the scenery, but I was always entertained. I missed Asa the moment Phil taped his last scene, I'll miss them both forever.

• Members

What a terribly sad week. :(:(

I couldn't find any news items either but Clint Ritchie's site/fan club has condolences to Phil Carey's family and says that he passed yesterday.

Actually, while trying to find info about Phil, I found out that James Whitmore passed away.

• Members

:( You have got to be KIDDING me, so sad. I just got back from a funeral not too long ago, and before I went I was listening to Robin's hotline where she's speaking about Clint (and gets cut off unfortunately). And then to hear this... My Lord. Prayers and peace go out to his family and friends.

I LOVED ASA! One of my favorite characters.

• Members

Okay, the only sites that I'm seeing this reported on are message boards, blogs, and soap-related sites (Daytime Confidential, SOC, etc). I know that soap stars aren't really fawned over by the mainstream media, but dayum...PC did do a lot of other stuff that wasn't OLTL. A Google search of his name turns up like one thing on the first page that tells you that he has died.

• Members

SOD, SID, SOAPnet, TV guide none of them have it. I have been searching myspace pages and facebooks as well as places like CNN, MSNBC, and entertainment magazines and none of them have it. PC has had a huge career, and he would have garnered publicity I am sure. I wonder if somehow there was a communication problem. I am not saying anyone is lying, far from it. Just a miscommunication

Archived