AMC: Friday, February 6, 2009

• Members

I hope the real, bitchy Kendall emerges again! I was so sick of her being nice to everyone.

It doesn't make sense, given all the trauma Kendall has been through, for Bianca, Reese & Zach to just assume she's fine with everything. You'd think someone would consider what a shock it must have been to wake up after three months and find her entire world has changed.

I think the Bitch Doctor's whole backstory is just that she was in love with Richie and wants Annie to pay for killing him. I hope she leaves PV for good soon.

I'm worried that I was too optimistic about the David storyline. Now that Jake & Angie have their jobs back, it doesn't feel like there is any buildup to everyone taking him down. I was hoping there would be a huge payoff when David sued JR for custody and all his secrets came out in court but that's looking less likely unless Jesse et al. end up revealing their own crimes in court, too.

It's too bad Susan Lucci's voice is so scratchy, but her scenes with Pete today were vintage Erica! He better take heed and stay on her side at Fusion.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm black... and I think that is the most ridiculous blanket statement since the last hypocritical "Annie's being whitewashed" statement from someone else last week.

What about any of his stories these last few months have made him an interesting, fleshed out character?

Too bad it took almost a year to see the structure.

• Members

You're just solidifying my point. How can you claim that someone saying he isn't a fully drawn character is equal to saying "Boring because he's black," if his non-black counterparts can be labled the same? Help me out, because I, apparently, don't get it. Are you saying Frankie is a fleshed out character but people just think all because he's black then he's boring? Or are you saying that he isn't a fleshed out character the same way his peers aren't fleshed out?

I'm confused.

BTW: Was I edited in my previous post? :unsure:

• Members

They don't need to give her anything. Lucci is a pro. She's worked with a hoarse voice numerous times before. They probably shot all of her scenes on the same day. You know how they do pieces of two and three shows in one day sometimes. There was a time last year or two years ago when Lucci was hoarse just for one episode and the next day she was fine. This is old hat for her.

• Members

Frankie was said to be "poorly drawn".

He's no more "poorly drawn" than JR, Jake, Brot, Aidan, Ryan or Zach.

All of them are victims to substandard writing yet Frankie's the only one who's said to be "poorly drawn".

Aidan's never accused of being "poorly drawn" despite being a cipher yet he's always frontburner & in relationships.

Frankie's terribly underused but he's hardly poorly drawn.

• Members

R S, I edited a portion of your post and a portion of DeeeDee's. I was attempting to throw cold water on the situation.

I'm debating whether to edit the whole discussion on this since it seems to be going back to "you're saying that because the character is black," which I do think is unnecessary reaching and bordering on calling someone a racist.

• Members

Oh, okay. I just thought I was either losing my mind, thinking I had posted something that I didn't -- or still, that I was losing my mind and writing incoherent thoughts.

Anyway, honestly, I think it's a discussion that should be had -- because it's an honest opinion (that Pratt's not writing for the Hubbards and that soaps, in general, don't write for black characters)... but at the same time, it's a discussion that should be had with people that able to handle it and support their claims.

What do I know? I'm not a moderator -- I'm just an instigator! :P

In the words of Kyle Barker for the series finale of the FOX sitcom Living Single:

"I'm dating a supermodel who is six foot-one, and trust me, girly is well worth the climb!"

Anyway, I'm really intrigued by this... I'm trying to figure out when, if Richie was in prison for seven years, did That Bitch of a Doctor have a relationship with him? I'm going to have to go back and rewatch when Dumb and Dumber Tad and Ryan were investigating her past. She had a two year block of missing time, right? Could Bitch Doctor not be the real Riley Sinclair and just posing as her to get revenge? Or is she really Riley Sinclair but got suspended for getting boned by a patient... which happened to be Richie? Or did Richie leave prison earlier than everyone thought and they ran off together? Or is she just some psychobitch of a Bitch Doctor and developed an unhealthy crush on a psycho patient of hers?

Maybe I need to get my head examined. I'm diggin' this looney bin stuff. It's not as predictable as the typical soap fare.

Archived