Y&R: Week of February 2, 2009

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I so agree, they are duller than dishwater. I am watching the show from Monday on Global.ca (finally working) and it and Tuesday's show are virtually the same episode with the same conversations. The only difference being that Lily and Billy weren't on boring me to tears on Tuesday. Hopefully her and Cane will be reunited for their Valentines day anniversary and stuck on the backburner.

They only bright side to me was Phyllis and Jack. I they were paving the way to their reunion and they can start by making Summer Jack's daughter. Good dialogue between the two, and he even called Nick and Sharon two cheaters.

• Members

Tammin and her Aussie accent. :rolleyes:

This girl is so miscast that it's no longer funny, it's just sad and pathetic. It would be a different story if she hid her accent well, but she sucks at it. My friend who doesn't even watch soaps asked me what country this girl was from...

Jack and Phyllis were great today though, and tomorrow looks better with the Shick sex, if only because I hate Phick and their rabid fanbase, Shick has rabid segements too, but the Phick rabid fans are the worse kind, I find.

• Members

Snooooooooore.......

Good god. Somebody give some smelling salts.

Although I did enjoy seeing some life in Lauren today.

Tomorrow DOES look good (Heck I said that about yesterday's previews)

Murph and Katherine, AND my favorite set in the history of daytime- Cassandra Rawlin's house!!!! (Well, Brad's house).

Other than that. Wake me when this is ovah!

• Members

No Winters storyline for already 11 episodes. That's how much Paul used to be absent every few weeks for a long time.

The sad part is that I don't miss them. I do not care about Tyra or Ana, I don't want to see Devon used only to talk about Ana, and not even Neil and Karen can make me want to see them in a storyline. Why don't the writers put more effort in this storyline like they do in the others?

And I'm on the board for the TS thing... Can you imagine how much more enjoyable the storyline would be if we'd care for this Colleen? Maybe I would even be excited to see her around J.T. and wonder if something might develop.

And while talking about J.T.... Victoria said the other day that everything in their marriage is perfect. And it has been since they married exactly a year ago. Can you imagine that in real life? A couple that didn't fight on-screen for over a year? How dull is that marriage? Small-ish fights are always needed. No marriage is perfect, and if someone gives it the description "perfect" then you know something isn't right. Another couple that needs a good storyline. And yet again, there is a reason why I might not enjoy it much. (Or maybe Heinle can impress me since they seem to have been hinting that she's becoming more like her father?)

• Members

The Winters are one of the few weak spots on the show right now. Sometimes it feels like they're on an entirely different show altogether... like some weird spinoff. Sometimes I forget that they even exist until they randomly pop up and I realize, "Oh yeah! I forgot they're still around!" It's very unfortunate.

The problem with the Winters is that they all lack fire. Neil is ho-hum, Karen is ho-hum, Tyra is ho-hum, Ana is annoying, Devon is ho-hum, Lily is annoying. They need to bring Drucilla back to light a fire under all their asses. Throwing her in the mix with Phyllis again would be delicious, as well. As for Neil, the only reason Neil was ever interesting in the past was because of Dru, IMO. Karen just doesn't cut it -- she's dull as dishwater. Of course, it also doesn't help that these characters are all islanded and rarely seem to have interactions with the other characters on the show these days. It's quite frustrating.

• Members

Yes, JT has been suppressing his true personality for the sake of harmony. For that sake, the real-Victoria has likely been suppressing her controlling nature too.

I think if JT ever moves out of the box the Newmans have put him in, the marriage will fall apart instantly. Let us not forget that, at his core, JT is a snarky bad boy who likes the ladies---LOTS of 'em.

• Members

Yeah, it's definitely not the writing for Colleen, it's the actress. She's just so unbelievable in the role that it kills her every moment. Maybe had Traci moved away to Australia with Colleen when she was little, I would believe her, but seeing as Tammin has yet to master an American accent for an American role, she's just not compelling. I think Tammin notices it too, and it's that lack of confidence in her American accent that hinders her acting so much.

• Members

A REALLY bad-spinoff at that.

They DESPERATELY need Drucilla. Or someone like her. But if they get someone like her, everyone will be complaining that she's just a copy.

He hasn't been himself for a long time, and I won't accept "he's grown up" as description. He's dull. Let's hope he's on the writers' list for improvements.

Seeing Lyndsy Fonseca on any primetime show is almost making me cringe.

Archived