Lisa Rinna "I look like a freak"

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, Billie. *shakes head sadly*

I've got to admire her for being honest about it, though. Most stars are all "Oh, I eat whatever I want. These lips are thanks to yoga and green tea. And Crème de la Mer."

It's clear that LR cannot stop. Hunter Tylo has the same problem. Nicole Kidman has the same problem. Hollywood is a deadly place and if you are female and over 35, it is especially deadly. The pressure to look young at all costs must be immense.

It goes hand-in-hand with the Thinnification of Hollywood. Somebody compared 90210 from the early 90s to the remake they have now, and the biggest difference was that the girls now are literally half the width of Shannen Doherty and Jennie Garth back them (neither of whom ever had a weight problem).

You know how it is. Wardrobe only has sample sizes and gumbles when the actress cannot fit into her size 0 outfit for that day's shooting. Threatens to tell a producer that they will have to delay that day's shoot. Similarly, a producer will make a comment about how the lighting is picking up "lines around your eyes" and you can bet the actress is on the phone to her surgeon within 10 seconds. It is the most effective way for Management to keep the talent in line.

• Members

When it comes to fatter lips, I think people are better off rubbing them vigorously with a cream and slapping them a bit. :P Even a rather conservative amount of lip filler always seems unnatural, but worse, unattractive to me. Notice that the ever-cosmetically astute Susan Lucci has resisted balooning her lips. Those who comment that she looks unnatural only do so because they know that a woman her age shouldn't look that good without help, and the rest of us appreciate that she looks pretty damn great for her age and acknowledge, even admire the "help" she's had b/c the work is so good. However, if she had Rinna lips, I have a feeling that all of that praise would be out the window. I think crazy lips are a great way to ruin all of the otherwise awesome face work you may have had. They shout from the rooftops "I'VE HAD WORK DONE!!" and of all the cosmetic procedures out there, perhaps people view filled lips as the silliest most cliched one of them all thanks to the multitude of awful First Wives Club-like examples we've seen. look at Jane Seymour, Jacklyn Smith, even Deirdre Hall... I'm sure they've all had some work done to their faces, but they can almost get away with "well rested" because their lips don't look mutilated genitalia.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived