December 29, 2008 - January 2, 2009

Toups

• Members

It appears that DAYS is gaining mostly in younger viewers, so the former Passions stars being there had to help somewhat, not to mention many high school and college students being home. Also, in September, DAYS switched back to its 1:00 PM timeslot in the NYC tri-state area (the biggest television market in the country). For the 2007-2008 season, they had switched it to the 2:00 PM timeslot, where it was in direct competition with OLTL and ATWT. It also switched back to its original timeslot in a few other affiliates.

Anyway, Higley will be writing the show's finale, that's all but set in stone.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's hard to explain but the HH rating has a different formula, I think and someone correct me if I'm wrong, the HH is how many people where watching TV during that particular hour and the share the particular program had of that viewership. I could be completely wrong.

• Members

HH's only measures how many Households are watching and has nothing to do with how many people are watching.

1 household may have 5 or 6 people in it but it only counts 1 time but in viewers it will count all 6.

The Viewers can be higher this week for the same Household number than last week simply by one week have bigger households viewing. Last week it may have been smaller households.

So that has nothing to do with ABC spinning it. Viewers are calculated by the size of the household. ABC can't change that or spin it.

I wonder if the people who laugh about stuff like above will be laughing when their show is gone and they can see their faves ever again.

• Members

Oh and one more thing. Stagnant is not always bad.

Remember just this year alone Days remained stagnant at 2.0 for weeks and weeks and weeks. Look at them now.

Ratings have got to stablilize before they can go up. For quite awhile now the ratings have slowly been going down for both AMC and OLTL just like they did for DAys.

The stablilzing and getting stagnant with no big fluctuations is actually a good thing. It means that more of the fans are actually sticking with it. AMC needs that. OLTL does too.

• Members

Frons and Valentini viewing this weeks ratings.

Frons: Damn, Dena that [!@#$%^&*] is beating us in the ratings!!!!! She never got high ratings for us on OLTL!!

Valentini(Looking at a pic of Carlivati): Don't worry Frons baby....we have stud Ron writing for OLTL.

Dena Higley: Hahahahahahahahahaha

• Members

So nice seeing a 4.0 for Y&R on Friday!!

My other show got a 0.6 in the 18-34's just above GL- PATHETIC. All of its demos are PATHETIC. Its viewership numbers are, you guessed it- pathetic.

Once again, That Valentini must be the budgeting MASTER for OLTL to be making any money for ABC. Not one good demo, other than teen girls.

But Soapsuds you certainly are enjoying the gawd of soap's failure, I am sure! Well with his ratings, We will probably be getting Jean Passasante has our new headwriter soon.

Days must be somewhat watchable! My god its the only show with significant ratings bursts. Its crazy. I have to assume that Dena's writing is not that bad? It actually makes me ill that her writing is bringing in the viewers- but so be it. She's doing something right.

When I look at GH and OLTL- I really do believe that ABC is just waiting for all of their shows to die.

And I am actually glad to see GL hit 1.6- I feel bad for those poor actors freezing their asses off.

• Members

The only one of Frons' shows that I feel deserves bad ratings right now is GH. I just cannot watch it. It is also the only one that has not made any changes.

Both AMC and OLTL have gotten better with their balance and changed many other things about the shows such as stories not being about the same damn people. GH has not done that.

GH is still not stablilzing their ratings either. AMC and OLTL are. Them staying stagnant as I said is a good sign.

I am enjoying both shows more than I have in a long time. They are not perfect and still need some work but compared to a year ago AMC esp. is miles better.

I wish I could say the same for GH and ATWT.

• Members

Yup!

And you can have Jean Pissy.

The only story I have noticed is Nicole's story and the baby. I dont get why Samantha is at that place hiding. And I love seeing Eric Martsolf on the show. Thats all I know. But since it isnt my show I am enjoying it for what it is.

:lol:

Archived