2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Sofia, her husband, and the person who killed Hallie (Sofia's daughter) went on Oprah to talk about what happened. I wish I kept the recording (maybe I did on one of my tapes, but I don't remember).

http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/oprahshow/o...1_ss_20041111/4

I know this is a little weird, but every time I watch Zach's death, I picture Sofia as Hope just because Sofia wrote the script and Zach/Hallie died the same way.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Same here. I wish a show would hire her.

• Members

I don't think its weird if you actually saw the clip on Oprah - its understandable to make the connection. Either way, it must have been really hard to write it or perhaps it was cathartic for her. The fact that Sophia forgave the lady driving the SUV is uncanny given Chelsea's exit scenes with Hope this week, where Hope has risen above the heartache and not only forgiven Chelsea, but taken her into her heart. I'm guessing Sophia would have approved based on the above? Would of been great if she could have written those scenes.

• Members

I was reading an interview with Alexandra Moltke about Louis Edmonds and this quote made be run to this thread...

Now, if these Dark Shadows actors noticed inconsistencies with three script writers, what would they think today? :lol: As long as actors had to stay on set in those days I imagine they noticed everything. I bet they'd just go insane these days working such long hours with the hellish scripts that arrive.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ May 8 2009, 09:05 AM)
Now, if these Dark Shadows actors noticed inconsistencies with three script writers, what would they think today? :lol: As long as actors had to stay on set in those days I imagine they noticed everything. I bet they'd just go insane these days working such long hours with the hellish scripts that arrive.

Dark Shadows was also live to tape IIRC, meaning they had one shot and one shot only to get it right. I don't even think they rewound their tape because of how strapped the show was for cash.

In terms of the pressure of getting right on the first try, I could definitely see that. But I don't think they spent really long hours on the set or more hours than anyone else does today. The difference is that they rehearsed more whereas today, it's less rehearsal, more taping.

• Administrator

Last year, Anna Theresa Casio wasn't suppose to be on the OLTL nominee list (she only had about 5% and you need at least 19%), now this year Fran Myers is missing from the OLTL nominee list.

RON CARLIVATI, HEAD WRITER

CAROLYN CULLITON, WRITER

SHELLY ALTMAN, BREAKDOWN WRITER

ANNA THERESA CASCIO, BREAKDOWN WRITER

JANET IACOBUZIO, BREAKDOWN WRITER

CHRIS VAN ETTEN, BREAKDOWN WRITER

MICHELLE POTEET LISANTI, WRITER

GARY TOMLIN, WRITER

AIDA CROAL, WRITER

ELIZABETH PAGE, WRITER

JEANNE MARIE FORD, WRITER

Another screw up is Albert Alarr being listed as a Producer, while Noel Maxam is missing for DAYS.

KEN CORDAY, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER

EDWARD SCOTT, CO-EXECUTIVE PRODUCER

GARY TOMLIN, CO-EXECUTIVE PRODUCER

JANET SPELLMAN-RIDER, SENIOR COORDINATING PRODUCER

TOM WALKER, SENIOR COORDINATING PRODUCER

TIM STEVENS, COORDINATING PRODUCER

ALBERT ALARR, PRODUCER

I don't suppose these mistakes can be rectified? Or is it going to go unnoticed again? <_<

I think next year, the NATAS should send me the list to check over before they release the nominations. :lol::P

• Members

Forget that; they should just ask you to pick all the nominees (I still cannot believe B&B, and not Y&R or even OLTL, is up for Best Drama Series!).

• Members

You know having Melissa Salmons come in to replace Lisianti really isn't gonna do any real good for the show. There's still a majority of sucky script writers at OLTL. I was hoping that it would be Lennon or Schock who'd be given the pink slip. Oh well.

Archived