ATWT: Week of December 29, 2008

• Members

I thought the New Year's Eve episode was too rushed, but I liked it. I hope we will be seeing more reaction, soon, from Jade, Noah, Luke, and Brian to the events, and not just straight on to the next plot twist.

I'm glad Jade and Luke are friends again, and I was touched to see Jade trying to protect Luke when Noah was going to see him being drunk and out of it. Earlier in the episode, it had seemed like Jade was all about herself when she made up with Luke seemingly only to complain about Lucinda.

Lucinda is way too mean to Jade. I can see why she is, considering Jade's history, but I am definitely siding with Jade on this one.

I like Jake Silbermann ... I think Noah and Luke are good together ... The writing for them in certain episodes is very strong, and Jake is very convincing when the writing is that strong, like the episode last week where Noah was all, "I love YOU ... I want to be with YOU ...", then the kiss. I also like Luke and Brian though, and agree there is a lot of potential there.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

*Brandy's "Right Here (Departed)" is playing in the background*

Alison: I thought you were heading over to Metro.

Casey: I'm not really in the mood.

Alison: What happened?

Casey: Where are you headed?

Alison: Home.

Casey: Yeah, I should probably head home too.

*They hear the festivities going on in the other room*

Casey: Happy new year, Al.

Alison: Happy new year, Casey.

*They look into each other's eyes....they both want to kiss...but they stop. Casey walks out of the frame. Alison walks the other way, but she stops for a moment to look back at Casey, then proceeds walking out the room. Fade to black*

Damn, that was so good. :) I'm so on the Alison/Casey bandwagon! I hope they continue to take it slow.

• Members

Boy, you know an actor sucks when Maura can't even make them look good. Sorry, Lindstrom fans, but those scenes today between Carly and Craig were an emotionless sucking vortex of crud. And this from a person who credits Maura with making Austin Peck look like a serious actor. For all of two weeks or so.

Ugh...this Johnny mess is going to be painful to watch. Does someone want to explain to me how Johnny remembers "Mommy", but not Dusty??

• Members

Probably because Lu Lu showed Johnny pics of Jennifer. It's just a guess.

The whole show was a fuckfest!! Dusty being all huff and puff bad ass dude again...Ugh....I wish Dusty would have stayed dead. Where or where is Brian Bloom???

The whole Parker is pissed off wants to drive mess was bad. Again more of him Liberty...ugh...I hate these two together. Isn't enough we have Janet and Jack already. And boy did Michael Park and Maura suck today. Is it me or are they getting tired of the same scripts? Park's delivery today was so bad. I started laughing when he yelled at Parker. Parker needs to die.....I have had it with Parker. I cant stand the character anymore. Liberty needs to leave to parts unknown.

So Duh...Katie is the perfect match for Johnny?? rolls eyes...more airtime for Katie...like we dont see enough of her already!! I should have been Craig or Barbara who should have been a match.

The show was so painful to watch today.

And the previews...UGH

Van Hansis and his lousy facial expressions...and Nuke being trapped on the top of a building. Please Luke push Noah over the edge and end Nuke for good.

Only bright side is seeing Lucinda on a warpath!!

• Members

Seems like just the kind of stupid thing Lucy would do. Like..."hmmn...Johnny, y'know, I appointed myself God and took you away from all of your family...and therefore you can't even look at pictures of either of your two daddies." :rolleyes:

Dusty almost had my sympathy when Johnny didn't recognize him...until he started grabbing the kid and screaming "he's my son, blah blah".

I hate with a passion it's all a set up to make Craig "the cool one" and Jack look like an overprotective stick in the mud. I wish they'd torpedo Parker and Lib...it's just sad seeing Parker constantly sucking up to Liberty. On Xmas Eve, she wouldn't take a crummy $10 bracelet with a cheap charm on it, but today she's back sucking face with him after a "cool care ride"??? GMAFB. I think there's going to be trouble...did you notice neither of them was wearing a seat belt in those scenes?? Seatbelt usage is so PC, not having characters do it is like a huge flashing neon sign.

I didn't think Maura and Michael sucked...but it seemed to be a filler day for them to moving the plot along more than anything else. I was so grateful to see them, and that Janet was MIA, I probably would have appreciated them sitting reading a phone book.

If Katie's a match, doesn't that mean Margo's a match too? They keep bringing up Katie's a freakin' saint because she donated liver to Margo.

Next week's previews were suckage. Johnny, Johnny, Johnny...who the [!@#$%^&*] cares??

• Members

I tell you that's what happened. I hate when we are left to fill in the missing pieces.

I was smiling when Johnny gave him the cold shoulder. :D Umm...and of course the child is Craig's. So Dusty's blah blah screaming didn't help me feel any sympathy for the weasel.

The Craig stuff didnt really bothered me. I am just sick of Liberty and Parker as a couple. I heard rumors they had been axed as a couple because they werent being accepted very well by the audience. Yet, here we go again with them the second time around. :rolleyes:

I hate the way Parker has been portrayed. And then having him shoved with Liberty isnt helping me like his character at all.

Apparently, only Jean Pissant. :rolleyes:

• Members

I loved the previews for next week. The truth is coming out! Luke's "oh boy/are you kidding me?" reaction to Jade telling Lucinda was priceless! I love it. Seems like another Luke heavy week and I can't wait, it's got to be good.

Jon Lindstrom is a good actor. Ryan/Kevin on GH was amazing. Craig is just poorly written as a fairly stereotypical soap baddie with a slight softer side.

I loved the Parker scenes. Yay, more hockey mentions, and I thought it was cute how he and Liberty got stranded in the middle of nowhere and couldn't figure out what to do with the car.

• Members

She replaced Hogan in May 2005. IMO, and I realize that I'm very much in a very small minority here, she wasn't that bad during 2005 and 2006. I'd say the last time I truly enjoyed watching ATWT day in and day out was from about December 2005 through July 2006. Most of the cast was getting good screen time, the plotlines weren't too ridiculous, the teens were integrated in with the older characters, and the show wasn't overrun with new characters. Some people still say that it was still a bad show at that time, and I can agree on some parts, but I overall liked it. I'd say that it was good from about the end of the BJ Green mess up until Jennifer's death, which gave way to the initial Lucy/Johnny/Craig crap that is being rehashed now.

• Members

I've made my peace with Jean Passanante as Head Writer. The writing could be better, but at least the show these days is less plot-driven than it was during her slasher story. If it weren't for her, there would never been Luke coming out, or Luke and Noah, and I will always be grateful to her for this. If she were ever to be replaced, it would probably only be with someone worse. Also, she would probably write more for the older characters if the network and/or Goutman allowed her to.

Archived