ATWT: Week of December 29, 2008

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh...if I were totally honest, it's not the stories themselves that suck. It's the execution of the stories that makes them lousy. Endless repeating conversations between characters terminally stuck in their own story bubbles. That's what annoys me so much about the budget whining...WHY can't different characters talk to each other? WHO needs three endless days of Paul and Meg (for example) blathering on about how paranoid Paul becomes whenever Dusty gets within sniffing distance of his woman? Have the fight be about one incident instead of three, and have Meg and Paul each discuss it with someone else one day. How hard can that be on the budget? Of course, the fact no one has friends or acknowledges family anymore makes it hard...but that's something that can be fixed.

Pissy might not be the worst hack to ever pen ATWT, but she's clearly NOT original or inventive in any way. I don't credit her with anything Nuke-related either. Nuke (other than a few conversations) is just another trite teen romance.

• Members

Preach! I agree with everything here. The Paul and Meg funhouse of suckage has truly taken its toll on this show, and half of that would be solved if everything wasn't storyline, storyline, storyline. There is constantly something happening, which should be a good thing, but it isn't because the same things(!) are constantly happening.

It's such a fixable show. It's not like GL, which is totally fubar, and it's not like DAYS, which belongs in first-run syndication with "Mutant X" and "Relic Hunter." This show still has all of the elements that it needs to at least be good to watch, if not highly rated.

• Members

Ugh...I read some p.o.s blurb from Pissy where she calls this plot-plot-plot crap a "new" way of writing, guaranteeing a "payoff every day" or some such CRAP. What horseshit. A "payoff" by definition is the culmination of something...it's like saying every play in a football game is a separate game. It's total bunk, "spin" designed to distract from the complete lack of continuity that is sucking the show dry.

I guess it explains her craptastic reasoning why people now bounce between lovers like pig-pong balls. And yes, I meant pig as in man-whoresluts.

I agree....GL is in much worse shape. At least ATWT has a core of talent to work with, actor-wise. GL has unwatchable actors hogging airtime consistantly. *ahem Mallet/Marina/Daisy/Grady/Ashlee/Natalia/Remy/nuwifeChick, whatever her name is, all of whom IMO, couldn't act their way out of a paper bag*

• Members

I mean it in the broadest terms possible. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with Paul being overcome by his demons. He has a history of losing his women, that's directly tied to Dusty and his father. I think it fails miserably in the execution. The build up was shoddy to say the least, and even in the few months it's been on (I think it started in Aug/Sept) I can't quite keep track of what the status is between him and Meg. This Josie thing happened all of screen, and really didn't make a lick of sense, and now we're back to his "real" psychic visions after his "fake ones". *eyeroll*

That's not to say I have any interest in Paul or Meg. I can't understand how anyone could root for either of them after last year, after the way they used Rosanna and Craig. I can count on my fingers how many times I've actually liked Paul, and it's usually because Howarth has a natural affinity for children. His scenes with Brent Groenman during the Rose reveal, along with the Parker and Faith scenes from Feb 2006 are the only work of his I've ever admired.

Archived