GL: Bloggers invited to see how things work in Peapack, NJ

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know Ellen... Having au natural production values does NOT make a show more real. The writing does. The characters do. And I sure as hell have never met an Australian jewel thief nor his hitman brother. I've never heard of a international corporation setting up shop in East Bumfuck. I've never heard of a woman getting pregnant after menopause AND breast cancer. Nor have I heard of someone who is as indestructible as Reva. I've never heard of a young woman getting married to her godfather and former uncle. I've never heard of a woman about to date a man who was a child (LITERALLY) the last time they met.

The characters (and actors) who would have sold this new format are long gone or severely underused. Peter Simon, Jerry verDorn, and Michael O'Leary are BRILLIANT in playing the Everyman. Maureen Garrett, Beth Ehlers, Yvonna Wright, Maeve Kinkead play similar characters. Jordan Clark's Billy is just the kind of person with whom you would get drunk with. Maeve is truly the heart and soul of this show now and should be used more as a matriarchal and ethical force.

Ellen, you are trying so desperately to have your cake and eat it to. You want to create a new show, yet retain the franchise of a 70-year old monolith. You want to completely change the format of the show, yet retain some of the unrealistic flourishes that have marred soaps since the 70s. Make up your mind! The decision (right or wrong) would benefit from a consistent vision.

• Members

Guiding Light, a television institution reduced to this. Its a really sad commentary on the genre as a whole if you think about it. I hope this scares off any other show was potentially entertained the thought of implementing the "Wheeler Model".....

• Members

:D That's all they do! Talk on the street. Talk under a tree. Talk on the front porch without any substance at all!

:lol::lol::lol: Oh dear gawd...too funny Alvin!

I do that too. I sometimes watch and wonder is this GL????? WTF?? Looks like a damn different show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh!!! Rant over! :D

Archived