AMC: Tuesday (12/09/08)

• Members

Discuss!

While I kind of find the whole Brot/Taylor thing boring at times, but man Beth Ehlers was fantastic today!

Supposed romantic hints aside between Zach and Reese, I really enjoy these two together, TK and Tamara have so much chemistry (let me make it clear in a friendship kind of way).

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked the family unity scene with the Hubbards, it was a nice nod to the Holiday season and the inevitable emotions that come with it...but I didn't like that Angie's feelings were pushed to the side...

I also liked the scenes with Zach and Reese...but only because Zach was talking about his love for his wife and family. I don't think I like where tptb are taking those two though...

Dr Dave cracked me up with his "special blend" milk...I wonder if Bianca is breast feeding?

I loved the scenes between Jake and Brot in the elevator. Jake appears to honestly love Taylor...and giving her up is killing him. Jake really is being a mensch. What he said to Brot in the elevator was all true, and it was a very decent, honorable, loving and selfless thing to do... IMO, RPG BROUGHT it in those scenes, he was just FABULOUS!...JRM also had some of his best scenes yet...he seemed very much at ease with RPG, he truly "elevated" (pun intended) his game in those elevator scenes.

I also like the last scene with Trot...because seeing the look on Jake's face, as he listened to Brot taking his advice, broke my heart. That said, I see no chemistry at all in Trot, and I am getting a little tired of her yelling at him constantly...

• Members

Really liked today's show, for the most part.

First and foremost, there was no Rylee. That alone made it a good epi. I also needed a little break from Annie, even though I enjoy her and think MCE is fabulous.

The Hubbard stuff was good today. We saw Angie know she was doing the right thing where Rebecca is concerned and yet she showed that sometimes it hurts to do the right thing. I like Natalia SOOOO much more than Cassandra--glad the show decided to pull a switch there. I cheered a little when Angie was on the phone and found out Cass wasn't coming home, LOL.

I liked the Zach/Reese scenes. I don't think the writers are taking them anyplace romantic. I think Bianca is going to maybe suspect that, but I don't think either of them feels anything more toward the other than friendship. TK was great as he described Zach's feelings about Kendall and how she changed him. He's always so understated, but IMO that's one of his strengths and something this genre could use a bit more of ---restraint. TB was good too.

The Jake/Brot scenes were great. I felt deeply for Jake as he tried to do the right thing---there was a nice parallel between those scenes and the Hubbard stuff IMO. And I love BE when she's with JR Martinez. Even though I think Brot looks too young for Taylor, I like the dynamic they have and Ehlers really brings it with him. Excellent work.

• Members

Reese is boring. okay its been a few weeks now since she's been in town and I can safely form an opinion on her and I have to say her character is such a letdown. I was excited about Tamara coming aboard bc Ive liked her work before but Reese is so bland and lacks any spark. I wish I hated her bc at least then she would have elicited some type of emotion from me but I simply just dont care for her or her story. She could leave tomorrow and it wouldnt affect me either way. It didnt help that before she came all we heard about was how great and perfect she was and thats exactly what she appears to be. Where are her flaws? Goody goody equals boring boring.

• Members

I thought it was a solid episode and a welcome respite from Rylee.

The Hubbard scenes were fantastic. I felt so sorry for Angie when Natalia brought out the ornaments that were special to her family. I'm glad Angie admitted to Jesse how left out she was feeling. Then, that cliffhanger was great, although I agree with Jonathan that it should have been the last scene of the episode.

Beth Ehlers rocked in the scene where she questioned Brot about the ring. I also loved the Brot/Jake scenes.

Bianca slightly acknowledged what the Carey women did when she hesitated letting Krystal hold Gabrielle but then she backslid by saying she had no idea what Krystal is going through. WTF?

I agree that Zach/Reese have good platonic chemistry. I hope their relationship goes no further.

• Members

Agreed. I liked Rebecca but chica and her girl have overstayed the hospitality so graciously offered. I am finding Rebecca annoying but she at least noticed the ornament thing would make Angela uncomfortable. Jesse, not so much. Pratt's really not writing for him enough in this story. Natalia=Clueless or Selfish or Both

I thought the direction was kind of off today, what was it with the drugged milk cup cutaways, we get it.

Beth Ehlers had one of her best days so far, imo. She and JR are sooo much better than Taylor and Jake together. Jake, I get is being noble but there is just something off about RPG's portrayal of that, I can't really figure out what it is exactly.

I have had enough of the grandeur of Kendall and Zendall's love. No one's suffered more ever ever nor loved harder ever ever. Enough of Reese and Zach having the same scene in different locations, though I recognize why a lot of fans would appreciate Zach's expression about Kendall.

I laughed when KWAK wanted to hold the baby and Bianca let her. I don't know it use to infuriate me, but I don't know if it's time or the new regime or what, but it doesn't piss me off anymore. I even find Krystal a compelling character right now. *gulps* *falls down in a heap of shame*

• Members

I found the Reese/Zack scenes interesting.

I felt sorry for Jake today.In the elevator scenes with Brot .And the last scene where he was listening to Taylor and Brot. RPG did a good job.

I'm not really buying Brot and Taylor together. I don' t see the chemistry. They seem like mother and son. And I'm tired of her begging him to tell her that he loves her.Especially given that he lied about his death for over a year. BE is doing a great job though.

Archived