• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Has the NRA put out a statement yet? 

The difference between the statements put out by Representative Steve Scalise versus the statements released by Nancy Pelosi and Gabrielle Giffords are vastly different, in intent and tone.

Aileen Cannon, a Trump appointee issued a judgment to dismiss the classified documents case? Ooh, let me put on my surprise face.

Please register in order to view this content

Even Cannon said that Smith had the ability to revive the case.

I guess it will be up to him and the Justice Department. 

• Members

AOC is right in this case, but wasn't it some of her squad cronies who were calling for people to vote against Biden just a couple of months ago?

JD Vance as VP. Just what we need, another politician who scorns the poor and is against a social safety net.

• Members

The loathsome Tlaib, yes. I do think AOC has mostly moved away from that group in the last few years - she is still part of a little club with them and campaigns with them but is probably the most "normie" of the set, along with Ayanna Presley (if she's still part of that group). The dead end left hates AOC and sees her as the great Satan.

• Members

How in the world is anyone surprised that Vance was selected?! I figured it out well over a month ago, when I first saw the list of proposed candidates. It’s obvious it would be him…uh, think about it.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

This. 

I found it odd that people seriously thought he was going to pick Haley, Scott, Donaldson, or Rubio. He was never going to pick anyone that wasn't a White man. 

However, I get this strong feeling that b/c of Vance's past of speaking ill of Trump, we're about to be in for a McCain/Palin situation where those two will be in-fighting until Trump loses in November (speaking this into existence). People are already suggesting that Democrats need to use every tweet and interview Vance given/said against Trump and put it in an ad. 

• Members

This CNN article is priceless. Vance going from saying Trump might be America's Hitler and is guilty of multiple instances of sexual assault to being his VP. The complete lack of integrity from the Republicans never ceases to amaze me.

CNN — 

Donald Trump’s vice presidential pick Ohio Sen. JD Vance was once a fervent critic of the former president. In private messages, he wondered ahead of Trump’s election whether he was “America’s Hitler” and in 2017 said the then-president was a “moral disaster.” In public, he agreed Trump was a “total fraud” who didn’t care about regular people and called him “reprehensible.”

“I go back and forth between thinking Trump is a cynical [!@#$%^&*] like Nixon who wouldn’t be that bad (and might even prove useful) or that he’s America’s Hitler,” Vance wrote in a message to a friend in 2016. “How’s that for discouraging?”

In 2016 and 2017, Vance, then best-known for penning the best-selling book “Hillbilly Elegy” said Trump was “cultural heroin” and “just another opioid” for Middle America. He told CNN ahead of the 2016 election that he was “definitely not” voting for Trump and he also contemplated voting for Hillary Clinton (he ultimately said he planned to vote for independent candidate Evan McMullin.)

“Fellow Christians, everyone is watching us when we apologize for this man. Lord help us,” he tweeted after the “Access Hollywood” tape was published in 2016.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/15/politics/kfile-jd-vance-comments-trump/index.html

• Members

President Biden

I told him (Trump) how concerned I was and wanted to make sure I knew how he was actually doing. He sounded good, he said he was fine and he thanked me for calling him. I told him he was literally in the prayers of Jill and me and I hope his whole family was weathering this.

PS - Presiden Biden gets PISSED at the end. And with right. He was again too graceful - I would have said such things... if someone dared to ask questions like this. 

• Members

Her entire reasoning behind this is that Jack Smith as special prosecutor is illegitimate (sounds very Trumpian).

Please keep in mind that two of her judgments in favor of Trump in this case have already been reversed on appeal and the reversals came from a conservative appeals court.

• Members

The gaslighting towards President Biden is just... Laughable. Some people are acting like he should have KNOWN and predicted what would happen. President Biden is NOT a psychic, he is not Nostradamus. He is a human being, like all of us. I will be honest, I am worried how much the narrative is changing. They are trying to put Joe in the corner, but it's not going to happen. I have faith that he will be able to continue his fight to preserve the democracy. God helps us if he doesn't succeed.